• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i would have shot him sooner

cjohnson44546

However, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu insists the man should have been killed much earlier because he wasn’t complying with their orders.

yes... anyone who doesn't follow orders from a police officer should be killed!

FreeInAZ

Well looking at it from a purely cynical view point ...why not? Don't shoot ...no week off paid vacation and time off paid for counseling whenever the itch arises and maybe a early retirement do to the PTSD this guy forced on the poor officer....:rolleyes: We are giving officers an incentive to shoot IMHO. This Sheriff is no stranger to controversy consider him another political beast, who will suck the chrome off any camera hitch.

Last edited:

Maverick9

Well looking at it from a purely cynical view point ...why not? Don't shoot ...no week off paid vacation and time off paid for counseling whenever the itch arises and maybe a early retirement do to the PTSD this guy forced on the poor officer....:rolleyes: We are giving officers an incentive to shoot IMHO. This Sheriff is no stranger to controversy consider him another political beast, who will suck the chrome off any camera hitch.

Read this carefully guys. WE ARE giving them incentive to shoot. We see them high-fiving ON CAMERA after roughing people up. We see LEOs ripping out the window with their bare hands on an equipment stop because the woman wouldn't roll their window ALL THE WAY down to get their paperwork.

Soon all cop cars will say 'the only good LAC is a dead LAC', just like John Carpenter's 'Escape from New York'. We have a few rights left. You can fight them, you can be 'civilly disobedient' but CHOOSE your battles carefully is my suggestion. Don't fight stuff on the street. Check your vehicles and make them pristine. Be the gray man. Otherwise you could get targeted by a 'cadre' of oh, IDK, LEOs against Citizen entitlement, lol. LOOK AT THEIR FREAKING T-SHIRTS - there are a lot of gorillas out there and they're not all peacefully eating carrots. They're after your carrot.

FWIW

OC for ME

However, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu insists the man should have been killed much earlier because he wasn’t complying with their orders.
Well, better late than never in the good sheriff's view. He has got to defend a cop who was late, not right.

Kopis

Good point about keeping your car clean. anything i carry goes in the trunk. I try to keep the backseat and cupholders empty.