• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

high capacity magazine ban in the tarheel state?

solus

ok, am attempting to track down if in fact this last GA passed a high capacity magazine ban during the GA's last session.

i found an attempt at a statute where one is a proposed bill which created 14-409.91 but there is nothing under the statutes site.

anybody got any updated info on this as i begin my fight with an out of state supplier over shipment into the Tarheel state of a new magazine to replace the one stolen two nights ago from my vehicle.

ipse

WalkingWolf

I have not heard anything, and the local anti gun media would have been jumping on it for joy if indeed one had been passed.

For what gun?

Last edited:

solus

one of the 9s and the one stolen was a 17 round and i found a larger capacity one from Brownell's and the order when through but now their official protector says we have a ban and won't ship unless i produce a permission slip from someone or if a police officer, from my chief.

hummm, police can have high capacity mags for the citizen's are not allowed...now i'm not sure what i am more upset about...the hold up on my order or this issue...

ipse

WalkingWolf

I am sure they are wrong, try Bud's Guns, or SARCO. I have bought mags from SARCO, but not sure if they will have yours. Bud's is more likely to have the current models.

cricketdad

ok, am attempting to track down if in fact this last GA passed a high capacity magazine ban during the GA's last session.

i found an attempt at a statute where one is a proposed bill which created 14-409.91 but there is nothing under the statutes site.

anybody got any updated info on this as i begin my fight with an out of state supplier over shipment into the Tarheel state of a new magazine to replace the one stolen two nights ago from my vehicle.

ipse

NO, bill never got a hearing

solus

received a response from Brownells:

quote snip...If you have changed the address on your web account, it does not change your main internal information unless you contact Brownells directly. I do apologize for the confusion.

signed by customer account representative. unquote

while i did in fact changed my address on the website prior to ordering the magazines, as you have read, apparently that activity in itself does not change the address in some other company database. my olde address was in a restricted state, Colorado, which therefore it precipitated the email stating they couldn't sent my magazines to me in NC.

a telephone call to the nice CARep clarified the situation and i was advised Brownells was stuck in a rut if the person's address was in a restricted state and you ordered something for shipment to a non restrictive state, they wouldn't accept the order. I was advised they have just recently changed that policy and now CARep only look at the shipment address to make the determination if the ordered is restricted to the shipment state, period.

thanks everyone for the prompt reply as i was sure i hadn't missed that significant change by the GA but you can never be sure...

twas appreciated and why i frequent the forum.

ipse

Last edited: