• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vons, Horizon/Horizon, Henderson posted.

The Big Guy

A friend told my wife this morning that this Vons store now has a no firearms sign on the door that has been there for a couple of weeks. The wife confirmed it tonight. I have been in there several times over the past couple of weeks and never noticed it. I have been going in there at least twice a week for years so I didn't look for one. No one said anything to me and they all know me and that I carry.

Looks like it's time for an email campaign.

TBG

Last edited:

bigguyswife

Guess they don't want our business.

The sign is about 6 inches square and simply says No Firearms Allowed. Like my husband said a friend told me about it yesterday and says that it has been up for several weeks. My son and I drove by last night and confirmed that there is a sign on the doors. We've been shopping there since that particular store opened. I'll be calling the store today to let them know we will no longer be shopping there and that Winco will appreciate the $500 to $600 a month we spend there. If anyone else wishes to call the number is 558-3966

Stephanie
the big guys wife

Turbod'1

I know where that is but never shopped there as I frequent both Smiths and Food 4 Less. Never had an issue; of the many, MANY places I've OC'd, I've only saw a similar sign at the Henderson Police Dept.

I wonder what motivated them to put up the sign...

De5115

If anyone has an email address for that store or the manager then please post it. Phone calls are good but but let's get contact them on multiple fronts.

The Big Guy

The wife talked to someone at that store this morning and was told that it came down from HQ. They didn't know anything about it as the signs just showed up a couple of weeks ago with instructions to hang them up. Looks like this is
company wide.

I'll be writing them soon and will post it with contact info.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Why infringe on their right to operate their store as they see fit? After all there are gun friendly stores to shop at.A letter to smiths letting them know why they hve a new customer may be time better spent..... Jus sayin~

The Big Guy

Why infringe on their right to operate their store as they see fit? After all there are gun friendly stores to shop at.A letter to smiths letting them know why they hve a new customer may be time better spent..... Jus sayin~

I don't see that asking them to revert their policy is infringing on their right to operate their store. If indeed they keep current policy, they will have lost at least my business and their competitors will capture that part of my budget that used to go to Von's.

Yes there are firearms friendly stores to shop at, for now. The loss of rights come incrementally. For every store we let slip away we are that much closer to losing all stores to shop at.

TBG

28kfps

If we go around telling grown adults how to act,what separates us from the anti's trying to tell us how to act?

Why because it works. We have had several change their stance after we contacted them and some managers who were enforcing wrong company policy and were corrected. Why go armed into the NHP record it telling them how to act?
They have a right to their posting however how else are they to realize it is unpopular too many? These businesses open their doors to the public encourage the public to come in. The public expects all and any person conducting himself or herself in a legal manner is welcome. Especially a legal activity that is protected by its own Amendment.

They have the right to ignore our e-mails and contacts, they have the right to leave their anti gun posting up however most businesses make such decisions in hopes of bolstering profits. No better way to let them know it could have a negative effect on their efforts.

There has been good a e-mail response on Nevada Shooters. Vons need to be reminded it is our Second Amendment right and most Nevada businesses do follow Nevada gun laws.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

While we have had "Success" Lets use PT's pub for an example of a letter writing campaign. Are they no longer Anti? Or are they bowing to the pressure for now, and donating to the Brady campaign?

We now spend our money at he newly "converted PT's Pub, and ignore many that have been friendly with no need for a letter writing campaign. Don't they deserve our money?

NHP is a Govt. entity and has no private property rights, because the ptoperty they inhabit is public. they are fair game for that reason.

The Big Guy

Corp address

Customer Service Center
Safeway Inc. - M/S 10501
P.O. Box 29093
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9093

Phone: 1-877-723-3929

I have sent them a snail mail letter.

TBG

Last edited:

28kfps

While we have had "Success" Lets use PT's pub for an example of a letter writing campaign. Are they no longer Anti? Or are they bowing to the pressure for now, and donating to the Brady campaign?

We now spend our money at he newly "converted PT's Pub, and ignore many that have been friendly with no need for a letter writing campaign. Don't they deserve our money?

NHP is a Govt. entity and has no private property rights, because the ptoperty they inhabit is public. they are fair game for that reason.

Ok, I got it, we stop letting those that chose to use their right to keep pro Second Amendment supporters out of their open to the public business from knowing we disagree with them.

FallonJeeper

I don't see it forcing anybody to do anything, but rather informing them. These businesses have a choice. So do we. We can tell them how we feel, and let them know, that there are consequences for their actions/policies. We offer them a chance before we make our decision; after all it is their business and their prerogative. If their policies don't meet our need for personal safety, we spend our money, with an establishment that does.

If they don't value our patronage as much as they value their policy, then no harm, no foul. We go elsewhere. Nobody has been forced to do anything.

Last edited: