Thread: Tick...tick...tick

Banned

Tick...tick...tick

I am melting...melting....

Very soon, it will be over.

Fear not. If you want to find me, I will always be known as eye95.

Beep~Beep~Beep Vanity Thread Alert!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Are you moving on?
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Are you moving on?
    LOL!

And if so how many times will you move on?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

May I offer the following in assisting you in your journey?

http://www.wikihow.com/Quit-an-Internet-Forum

I'm not sure the issues lie with the forum. eye has recently engaged in a series of posts attacking the posts of others, demanding the posters conform to his ideas of acceptable forum intercourse.

It seems somewhat ironic that eye95 has more posts deleted the past few weeks for, shall we say, "less than sportsman like conduct", than the rest of the members combined.

Refusal to accept that the circular logic of Statism will be rejected by those that see it for what it is may be the source of your discomfort more so than any particular forum trend. That, and some possible control freak tendencies.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

FM this is just another vanity thread, where the whole intention is to attract attention to the opening poster. I doubt he has any intention on leaving. He just wants somebody to ask him to stay because his ego has been bruised as of late.

My advice is if you want to leave then LEAVE. If you want to stay then stay. Try for a change not to tell everybody how to post, and let the real moderators do their job.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Personally I have always liked Eye. He brings a very different POV to the discussion, right or wrong. And isn't that the point here? Talk, discuss, even argue and then learn.

Generally I don't come in with the strong assertion of my own infallibility but to each his own.

A few too many folks take INTERNET FORUMS too seriously. And that could be said of some here. Just sayin'.

Lighten up. There's much worse things going on here in America than getting your feelers squished by some guy who used to live in AL.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Lighten up. There's much worse things going on here in America than getting your feelers squished by some guy who used to live in AL.
    See, there ya go, throwing down on Alabama.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I have no intention of quitting.

The purpose of this thread is one: To let folks know that I may disappear suddenly and that I use the name eye95 wherever I am on the 'Net, in case some would want to keep in touch. The fact that those who have replied would be happy to see me go and would not want to encounter me elsewhere bothers me not.

This may happen even faster than I thought. I just had a thread deleted because I warned folks that my signature was changed because it *gasp* contained italics and underlining!!! Oh, the humanity!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    [ ... ]Oh, the humanity!
    Oh, the humility! Not.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The purpose of this thread is one: To let folks know that I may disappear suddenly and that I use the name eye95 wherever I am on the 'Net, in case some would want to keep in touch. The fact that those who have replied would be happy to see me go and would not want to encounter me elsewhere bothers me not.

This may happen even faster than I thought. I just had a thread deleted because I warned folks that my signature was changed because it *gasp* contained italics and underlining!!! Oh, the humanity!
    I'm getting a hit of the ol' "King Baby" routine. Good luck with that here.

The Wolf offered up his pearls of wisdom, and those words have that certain ring to 'em.....
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Persistent rule violations do attract attention and editing/deletions/infractions. Yet some will proceed having been forewarned - someone called that suicide by Moderator - unfortunate and does not have to be that way.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.