• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tick...tick...tick

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye95

I am melting...melting....

Very soon, it will be over.

Fear not. If you want to find me, I will always be known as eye95.

Fuller Malarkey

May I offer the following in assisting you in your journey?

http://www.wikihow.com/Quit-an-Internet-Forum

I'm not sure the issues lie with the forum. eye has recently engaged in a series of posts attacking the posts of others, demanding the posters conform to his ideas of acceptable forum intercourse.

It seems somewhat ironic that eye95 has more posts deleted the past few weeks for, shall we say, "less than sportsman like conduct", than the rest of the members combined.

Refusal to accept that the circular logic of Statism will be rejected by those that see it for what it is may be the source of your discomfort more so than any particular forum trend. That, and some possible control freak tendencies.

WalkingWolf

FM this is just another vanity thread, where the whole intention is to attract attention to the opening poster. I doubt he has any intention on leaving. He just wants somebody to ask him to stay because his ego has been bruised as of late.

My advice is if you want to leave then LEAVE. If you want to stay then stay. Try for a change not to tell everybody how to post, and let the real moderators do their job.

Freedom First

Personally I have always liked Eye. He brings a very different POV to the discussion, right or wrong. And isn't that the point here? Talk, discuss, even argue and then learn.

Generally I don't come in with the strong assertion of my own infallibility but to each his own.

A few too many folks take INTERNET FORUMS too seriously. And that could be said of some here. Just sayin'.

Lighten up. There's much worse things going on here in America than getting your feelers squished by some guy who used to live in AL. ;)

eye95

I have no intention of quitting.

The purpose of this thread is one: To let folks know that I may disappear suddenly and that I use the name eye95 wherever I am on the 'Net, in case some would want to keep in touch. The fact that those who have replied would be happy to see me go and would not want to encounter me elsewhere bothers me not.

This may happen even faster than I thought. I just had a thread deleted because I warned folks that my signature was changed because it *gasp* contained italics and underlining!!! Oh, the humanity!

Fuller Malarkey

The purpose of this thread is one: To let folks know that I may disappear suddenly and that I use the name eye95 wherever I am on the 'Net, in case some would want to keep in touch. The fact that those who have replied would be happy to see me go and would not want to encounter me elsewhere bothers me not.

This may happen even faster than I thought. I just had a thread deleted because I warned folks that my signature was changed because it *gasp* contained italics and underlining!!! Oh, the humanity!

I'm getting a hit of the ol' "King Baby" routine. Good luck with that here. :lol:

The Wolf offered up his pearls of wisdom, and those words have that certain ring to 'em.....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Persistent rule violations do attract attention and editing/deletions/infractions. Yet some will proceed having been forewarned - someone called that suicide by Moderator - unfortunate and does not have to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.