Thread: OC Breakfast Fredericksburg any one?

OC Breakfast Fredericksburg any one?

I really like the greater Richmond area OC events, but some of them are a little far from my realm so I am looking for another option at times. I have not seen as much going on from the Bowling Green Fredericksburg area and really think we should get something going and have our presence known. Now is the time to start talking and planning for 2015 lobby day and more OC events are a great way to get the word out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Where? When?

You know the mantra - "If you post it they will come." And the collorary - "If you debate about when and where it will never happen."

Might be possible to talk some of the Richmond folks into crossing the Ni to help you inaugurate your effort.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Let me ponder on this as I have to take an unexpected trip to doctor this evening. May have to drive up and join you tomorrow in the mean while.

I need to do a little more research as to what is good between Ruther Glen a d F burg, and was hoping to get some input this first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by kennys View Post
    Let me ponder on this as I have to take an unexpected trip to doctor this evening. May have to drive up and join you tomorrow in the mean while.

I need to do a little more research as to what is good between Ruther Glen a d F burg, and was hoping to get some input this first time around.

There's a diner/breakfast place in Stafford that I went to when taking my Ham Radio tests last year. I don't remember the name of it right off-hand. The name Perkins comes to mind but I really am not very sure of that. If anyone knows the place I'm thinking of please help me out here. Anyway, they had great food and let us use an entire section of the restaurant (about 30 people) I don't know their OC stance but I thought I would throw that out in to the mix.

I live in Glen Allen but I would drive up there for breakfast and good company provided I don't work and am not already attending a Saturday breakfast.

I will have to check into that, I thought I also had read something about an OC breakfast at the Bob Evens but can't remember if that went well or not.

Used to have export radios myself years ago, have thought about getting ham license also, but it seems there have been more fires lately with a lack of irons to throw in.

The Wife and I will be moving down to Fredericksburg sometime in Feb. Count me in on these events after we get down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds good, I will be looking forward to it.

I'm up for it, and I'm sure TFred will probably join in as well when he catches this thread.

Keep your eyes peeled because I am planning to announce a time and place for Fredericksburg next weekend, just need to wait until Monday or Tuesday to make sure things will pan out on my end.

Could I just stick toothpicks in my eyelids instead?

For the opportunity to meet a few of the F'burg people face-to-face I'll chance venturing north of the Ni. Might even drag a guest along.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Keep your eyes peeled because I am planning to announce a time and place for Fredericksburg next weekend, just need to wait until Monday or Tuesday to make sure things will pan out on my end.

Look forward to it!

Perkins, in Stafford, closed down years ago. It's a Greek place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrock View Post
    Fredericksburg Perkins is still open.

FREDERICKSBURG
    10 Simpson Lane
    Fredericksburg, VA 22406
    540-368-2545
    M-Th 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    F 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Sat 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Sun 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Holiday hours may vary.

Am thinking Shoney's right off 95 on rt 3 plank road. I am still verifying I won't have work issues than will start new post.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I'm an hour north, but depending on the day I may make the drive down to join you.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Am thinking Shoney's right off 95 on rt 3 plank road. I am still verifying I won't have work issues than will start new post.

I'd be happy to drive to F'burg if able but if I truly wanted to get sick I'd take a Princess cruise and at least enjoy the view.

I'll look for the new thread to update date/time/location.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Hadn't been to the Shoneys in several years, does your comment suggest bad food?

Hadn't been to the Shoneys in several years, does your comment suggest bad food?

It does......Never been to that Shoney's but never been to any Shoney's where I/we didn't get sick.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Talked to a few people that said its not bad for breakfast and better than Bob evens, however I was told for lunch an dinner they need some work. Will probably do this for at least the first time.

Talked to a few people that said its not bad for breakfast and better than Bob evens, however I was told for lunch an dinner they need some work. Will probably do this for at least the first time.

Huh? Wha'?

Quit debating and just pick a place and time. Then we'll all show up to tell you what a crappy decision you made while electing you as the person to pick the place and time from now on

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

It posted yesterday didn't you get the memo?

Oops! Missed the new post.

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 01-30-2014 at 07:57 AM.

----Allahpundit

Would have made it more pronounced but I can't seem to log in via laptop, had to use phone.

Missed this thread earlier, but if that's Jimmy the Greek in front of the Walmart, they are very OC friendly and the food is great. We've had at least one OC breakfast there in the past. Closed Mondays. http://www.jimmythegreekgarrisonville.com/
    Military discount. One of the better Reuben's I have had in the area.
    Last edited by zoom6zoom; 02-09-2014 at 07:54 PM.