• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast Fredericksburg any one?

kennys

I really like the greater Richmond area OC events, but some of them are a little far from my realm so I am looking for another option at times. I have not seen as much going on from the Bowling Green Fredericksburg area and really think we should get something going and have our presence known. Now is the time to start talking and planning for 2015 lobby day and more OC events are a great way to get the word out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Where? When?

You know the mantra - "If you post it they will come." And the collorary - "If you debate about when and where it will never happen."

Might be possible to talk some of the Richmond folks into crossing the Ni to help you inaugurate your effort.

stay safe.

kennys

Let me ponder on this as I have to take an unexpected trip to doctor this evening. May have to drive up and join you tomorrow in the mean while.

I need to do a little more research as to what is good between Ruther Glen a d F burg, and was hoping to get some input this first time around.

FBrinson

Let me ponder on this as I have to take an unexpected trip to doctor this evening. May have to drive up and join you tomorrow in the mean while.

I need to do a little more research as to what is good between Ruther Glen a d F burg, and was hoping to get some input this first time around.

There's a diner/breakfast place in Stafford that I went to when taking my Ham Radio tests last year. I don't remember the name of it right off-hand. The name Perkins comes to mind but I really am not very sure of that. If anyone knows the place I'm thinking of please help me out here. Anyway, they had great food and let us use an entire section of the restaurant (about 30 people) I don't know their OC stance but I thought I would throw that out in to the mix.

I live in Glen Allen but I would drive up there for breakfast and good company provided I don't work and am not already attending a Saturday breakfast.

kennys

I will have to check into that, I thought I also had read something about an OC breakfast at the Bob Evens but can't remember if that went well or not.

Used to have export radios myself years ago, have thought about getting ham license also, but it seems there have been more fires lately with a lack of irons to throw in.

jsfrederick

The Wife and I will be moving down to Fredericksburg sometime in Feb. Count me in on these events after we get down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kennys

Keep your eyes peeled because I am planning to announce a time and place for Fredericksburg next weekend, just need to wait until Monday or Tuesday to make sure things will pan out on my end.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Could I just stick toothpicks in my eyelids instead?

For the opportunity to meet a few of the F'burg people face-to-face I'll chance venturing north of the Ni. Might even drag a guest along.

stay safe.

FBrinson

Perkins, in Stafford, closed down years ago. It's a Greek place now.

Fredericksburg Perkins is still open.

FREDERICKSBURG
10 Simpson Lane
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
540-368-2545
M-Th 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
F 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Holiday hours may vary.

kennys

Am thinking Shoney's right off 95 on rt 3 plank road. I am still verifying I won't have work issues than will start new post.

Marco

Am thinking Shoney's right off 95 on rt 3 plank road. I am still verifying I won't have work issues than will start new post.

I'd be happy to drive to F'burg if able but if I truly wanted to get sick I'd take a Princess cruise and at least enjoy the view.

I'll look for the new thread to update date/time/location.

kennys

Hadn't been to the Shoneys in several years, does your comment suggest bad food?

Marco

Hadn't been to the Shoneys in several years, does your comment suggest bad food?

It does......Never been to that Shoney's but never been to any Shoney's where I/we didn't get sick.

kennys

Talked to a few people that said its not bad for breakfast and better than Bob evens, however I was told for lunch an dinner they need some work. Will probably do this for at least the first time.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Talked to a few people that said its not bad for breakfast and better than Bob evens, however I was told for lunch an dinner they need some work. Will probably do this for at least the first time.

Huh? Wha'?

Quit debating and just pick a place and time. Then we'll all show up to tell you what a crappy decision you made while electing you as the person to pick the place and time from now on

stay safe.