• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To Freedom First: I am sorry.

Fuller Malarkey

I too, just gotta say,,, why a separate thread to say, sorry to freedom first?

I have spent much time trying to find a thread where eye95 and
someone that may be confused with freedom first got in a argument.
just cant find it...

It would have made much more sense for eye95 to make his apology in the thread
where he made the mistaken accusation for which he is making this apology!
Then we could All follow along,,,, and say,,, OH so thats what happened!!!

I mean, Really!!! Just Who did eye dis? Why did he dis him?
How did eye dis freedom first instead of the Real object of his wrath?

I even wonder if freedom first even knows what or why eye95 is apologizing to him?
I know that I, and probably many others have no idea just what happened here!

Color me,,, in the dark.,...

Lemme venture a guess....

The "public apology" is little more than a manipulation, all part of the tantrum. "Here everybody. See my display of humility? My apology evidence of my civility that excuses my threats of running away from home and telling the Mod "I hate you?"

Little more than a far reaching attempt to balance out his hissy fit. Never underestimate the extremes and bizarre those fueled by self pity will reach for.

Freedom First

You guys... Does it really matter? So what if he is a hypocrite? I sure am. Aren't you? Guys, if you can be honest with yourselves you will see that we all are in some degree.

And here's a question: Do you know him? Ever met him? Know his family? Probably not. What you know is words. Typed words on the INTERNET. I don't know him from Adam. I could walk right by him on the street and other than noticing the handgun at his hip, he would be unknown to me. And to most of you as well I might add.

When faced with things like this I often ask myself the following question, "In 100 years, will anyone care?" Generally the answer is a resounding, "No." And so, I ask you, in 100 years will anyone care what you think of Eye95? I'll let you answer that one for yourself.

People, we only get one ride on this rock and personally I won't waste it making enemies. Him, you, anyone who doesn't really, truly, deeply deserve it. Also please try to remember that this is only an INTERNET FORUM. It's a virtual room in a virtual world where we type little messages to one another. None of this really means ANYTHING unless YOU LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL. Otherwise, it's simply wasted life energy. So, make your time here count.

I hope you all have a great week!

1245A Defender

Well,,,,

You guys... Does it really matter? So what if he is a hypocrite? I sure am. Aren't you? Guys, if you can be honest with yourselves you will see that we all are in some degree.

And here's a question: Do you know him? Ever met him? Know his family? Probably not. What you know is words. Typed words on the INTERNET. I don't know him from Adam. I could walk right by him on the street and other than noticing the handgun at his hip, he would be unknown to me. And to most of you as well I might add.

When faced with things like this I often ask myself the following question, "In 100 years, will anyone care?" Generally the answer is a resounding, "No." And so, I ask you, in 100 years will anyone care what you think of Eye95? I'll let you answer that one for yourself.

People, we only get one ride on this rock and personally I won't waste it making enemies. Him, you, anyone who doesn't really, truly, deeply deserve it. Also please try to remember that this is only an INTERNET FORUM. It's a virtual room in a virtual world where we type little messages to one another. None of this really means ANYTHING unless YOU LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL. Otherwise, it's simply wasted life energy. So, make your time here count.

Soooo, by your response here,,,,
I deduce that your have no more understanding of what has
happened here than anyone of us here does...

I do have some understanding of who or what eye95 is,,,
He looks like this,,,,

He really is not a carrot chewing gorilla...

“eye95” on Internet gun forums, wears a gun to the rally.

gun-rally-art-gktl9g14-1gun-rally-blv-07-jpg.jpg

I have read most every word he has wrote on this forum,,, for Years...

He doesnt waste too much time being Civil, not very much time at all,, most times, he behaves like an a$$...

Then he blames someone else...
This time he made a big point of apologizing to someone that he was uncivil to by mistake!
But I dont see an apology to the guy,,, or an reiteration for the ire that started this cluster fjck!!!

If eye95 leaves now, I will forget about him, in 100 years,,, maybe in 5, but not in 1, not next month, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Primus

Well said in general

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Freedom1Man

He looks like this,,,,

“eye95” on Internet gun forums, wears a gun to the rally.

gun-rally-art-gktl9g14-1gun-rally-blv-07-jpg.jpg

He doesnt waste too much time being Civil, not very much time at all,, most times, he behaves like an a$$...

This time he made a big point of apologizing to someone that he was uncivil to by mistake!
But I dont see an apology to the guy,,, or an reiteration for the ire that started this cluster fjck!!!

If eye95 leaves now, I will forget about him, in 100 years,,, maybe in 5, but not in 1, not next month, etc...

Um, how much time did it take for you to find, http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-rally-targets-more-gun-control-efforts.html# ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom First

Oh, I understand the situation but I am simply unwilling to roll in the mud. Is that so hard to understand? I'm neither defending him nor attacking him. Eye is Eye. What am I supposed to do about it? Is there something I SHOULD do about it? No. He's fine. You're fine. Enjoy your time here.

He looks like this,,,,

******, known as “eye95” on Internet gun forums, wears a gun to the rally.

Thanks for the face and name to go with the avatar. I'm always surprised at how far off I am between my mental image of someone and what they actually look like.

<SNIP>

He's consistent. And that was my point. Civil? Not so much. An ass? Occasionally. Right all the time? Who is? Me? Nope. You?

Have a good one!

Last edited:

OC for ME

Words are important.....motivation is more importanter. An apology is, or should be, welcome, always. They are few and far between, the sincere ones anyway.

sudden valley gunner

Words are important.....motivation is more importanter. An apology is, or should be, welcome, always. They are few and far between, the sincere ones anyway.

+1

Eye and I disagree often and emphatically, I am sure we irritate the bejeezus out of each other. I always find it admirable when a man will publicly admit he made a mistake and apologize.

Logan 5

I personally feel that Eye95 and FreedomFirst are worthy of a great deal of respect over how they handled that issue. They show there is still honor in peacefully resolving conflicts. I admire that a lot.

I feel sorry for the guys that feel the need to insult both gentlemen over this matter. We know who the gentlemen are, and aren't.

1245A Defender

Logan 5

Who cares whose real name is? If they want you to know, they'll tell you. If they don't, they won't.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Who cares whose real name is? If they want you to know, they'll tell you. If they don't, they won't.

Sooo true!
eye95, interviewed to the news paper, told them his real name, and his internet poster name!
Then he posted the article from the paper here on OCDO for ALL to see and read!

I have only reposted the information that he freely made very public his own darned self!

I still wish that we could read the thread that made him so mad that he inadvertently
was rude to freedomfirst!
Cause I REALLY wonder, If!, Realizing his mistake, did he go back in that thread
and give the Real poster or his Ire the Piece of his mind that got misdirected.

And,,, I do think it is a good thing that a man, realizing his mistake
should make a good faith effort to make amends.
But when a very public apology is made, it looses its good faith
if nobody know what the he11 he is talking about!

OC for ME

Sooo true!
eye95, interviewed to the news paper, told them his real name, and his internet poster name!
Then he posted the article from the paper here on OCDO for ALL to see and read!

I have only reposted the information that he freely made very public his own darned self!

I still wish that we could read the thread that made him so mad that he inadvertently
was rude to freedomfirst!
Cause I REALLY wonder, If!, Realizing his mistake, did he go back in that thread
and give the Real poster or his Ire the Piece of his mind that got misdirected.

And,,, I do think it is a good thing that a man, realizing his mistake
should make a good faith effort to make amends.
But when a very public apology is made, it looses its good faith
if nobody know what the he11 he is talking about!
The only person who needs to know what eye95 is talking about, regarding his apology, is the person to whom the apology is directed. See Post #2. Starting with Post #3, the rest is Interwebz banter.

Fuller Malarkey

The only person who needs to know what eye95 is talking about, regarding his apology, is the person to whom the apology is directed. See Post #2. Starting with Post #3, the rest is Interwebz banter.

If that is the case, the apology should have been dealt with in a PM rather than start and devote an entire drama thread. I still contend the apology is all part of his tantrum.