Thread: Serious Question: LVMPD + Youtube

Serious Question: LVMPD + Youtube

So, I recently stumbled across LVMPD YouTube site and noticed that it's updated frequently. I also noticed that comments and ratings are DISABLED for all their videos --in fact, the last comments made on their main page are (of like 4 total) 5 years old.

My question, and it may be stupid... since they represent the government (LVMPD not Google), isn't blocking comments and ratings an infringement on the 1st Amendment?

http://www.youtube.com/user/LasVegasPolice/discussion

I believe they do it under the guise of having a "custodial duty" to protect the assets of the government....

You'll find most police orientated Facebook pages are constantly monitored so they can control the direction of conversation to closer resemble a badge bunny chat room, glorifying the antics of the government sanctioned, equipped and trained commandos. As you might know, people just don't have the self restraint required to keep themselves from asking those oh-so-hard-to-answer questions, such as:

"Why did you shoot Mrs. Johnson's Yorkshire Terrier?"

"Why did you beat that deaf guy?"

"Why did that cop call my mother all those racist names when she was videoing them tase and arrest the neighbor for washing his car?"

I also believe social media is viewed as propaganda venues some police can exploit, and to do so efficiently, they need to dominate and control all activity, thoughts, conversation. A kind of "constitution free zone" if you will.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbod'1 View Post
    So, I recently stumbled across LVMPD YouTube site and noticed that it's updated frequently. I also noticed that comments and ratings are DISABLED for all their videos --in fact, the last comments made on their main page are (of like 4 total) 5 years old.

My question, and it may be stupid... since they represent the government (LVMPD not Google), isn't blocking comments and ratings an infringement on the 1st Amendment?

http://www.youtube.com/user/LasVegasPolice/discussion
    Excellent question about 1st amendment rights !

Actually, no you have no right to post comments ... my congressman runs a youtube channel .. I complain all the time about not allowing comments ...

No, YouTube is private.

A better question is why does the government get to use its (our) resources to operate a propaganda channel on the Internet.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    No, YouTube is private.

A better question is why does the government get to use its (our) resources to operate a propaganda channel on the Internet.
    PDS use it for community outreach and info sharing. For example we use it to post photos of guys we are looking. A recent armed robbery suspect turned himself in partially because he saw the pressure we were putting on him. Also good way to publish community outreach programs.... charity events, blood drives, community meetings, etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    PDS use it for community outreach and info sharing. For example we use it to post photos of guys we are looking. A recent armed robbery suspect turned himself in partially because he saw the pressure we were putting on him. Also good way to publish community outreach programs.... charity events, blood drives, community meetings, etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Photos of guys who are lookers?

You should consider posting a LEO 2014 calendar, everyone in sexy LEOpard print bikinis. Come on man, you know you want to!

I'm with the above, it's not an infringement because it's their content on a private website. We have the right to comment elsewhere, and they aren't chasing us down to silence us. 1st Amendment remains intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Photos of guys who are lookers? You should consider posting a LEO 2014 calendar, everyone in sexy LEOpard print bikinis. Come on man, you know you want to!
    Better LEOpard LEOtards.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The internet is NOT a Constitutional Republic, enough said.