• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little story about the UPS man that happened earlier this week

independence

I'm leaving a friend's house and the UPS man drives up as I am getting the kids in the car. One of my little ones says they are scared of our friend's dog jumping on them and I tell them to hurry in the car and it will be fine. Then the UPS man says, "Well, you don't need to worry about it jumping on you with that firearm on your side 'cause you could just shoot it." He chuckles.

Hmmm....

I say to him in a voice that sounds like I think he is being ridiculous, "I wouldn't want to shoot my friend's dog....Especially just for jumping on me." He just chuckles again, drops his package off and leaves.

What struck me as particularly odd was that I was at a residence in rural Tennessee in the middle of nowhere. You can hear various neighbors target shooting all the time.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

Last edited:

Kopis

I think the point the OP is trying to make is that the UPS guy made a very irresponsible comment. You cant just shoot a dog because it jumps on you. I dont know the law but i would think you could if it attacked you.