• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AARP is still anti gun.

28kfps

AARP stance on gun ownership on their web site in 2007. AARP believes in the Constitutional right to bear arms. But to make the nation safer, we must do what we can to keep guns out of hands of children and criminals. AARP supported the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which went into law in 1994 with bi-partisan support.

Check out this link to see their stance has not changed.
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/does-aarp-want-your-guns/

WalkingWolf

Not a member, AARP is anti freedom, they also supported Obama care. Many elderly lost their insurance from pensions because of the act. They now have to pay for stop gap programs to cover the difference between Medi Care and the actual costs. AARP is about putting money in their own pockets, buying firearms might cut into their pocket change.

eye95

AARP has always been one of those front groups for progressivism that dupes folks into believing that they exist for some other reason. Am actually paying a little more for my consumer cellular phone because I refuse to be counted on the rolls of that Liberty-hating organization.

On edit: Amac.us is a conservative alternative to AARP. Interesting: If you google "conservative alternative to AARP, the first half-a-dozen or so finds ARE AARP! I don't belong to Amac, so I am not advocating it; just pointing it out if others would be inclined to join the unAARP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

Last edited: