Thread: Hand guns should be legalised and licensed, UKIP Nigel Farage has said

Hand guns should be legalised and licensed, UKIP Nigel Farage has said

"The Ukip leader says the ban on the guns, which were made illegal in the wake of the Dunblane shooting, was a "kneejerk" reaction and should be lifted [ ... ]Speaking on LBC Radio Mr Farage said that it was Ukip policy to create a “proper licensing policy” and that people who kept hand guns responsibility locked up and had were willing to get an official license should “absolutely” be allowed them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-has-said.html

UKIP is the third largest. Obviously a multi-party system allows some sense to leak into politics, rather than our US good-pol-bad-pol system with the flibertarians, "Me too, me too!"
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

My kneejerk reaction to this is that it is probably a BAD IDEA to create and insert huge bureaucracy designed to 'legalize and license' tools like firearms.

INSTEAD they should STOP arresting and charging people for defending themselves, and tacitly allow firearms in homes for SD.

They've got the cops disarmed in the UK (mostly). If they made firearms illegal, ALL THE COPS would get guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    My kneejerk reaction to this is that it is probably a BAD IDEA to create and insert huge bureaucracy designed to 'legalize and license' tools like firearms.

INSTEAD they should STOP arresting and charging people for defending themselves, and tacitly allow firearms in homes for SD.

They've got the cops disarmed in the UK (mostly). If they made firearms illegal, ALL THE COPS would get guns.
    A gun locked up in a home is no good, especially if the law does not allow self defense.

Subjects can still own a BP handgun as long as they belong to a shooting club.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-25-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post

The average officer is unarmed, but they have units of heavily armed officers driving around. Funnily enough, this only started happening to the extent it does today after the changes in firearms laws.