• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carried in Secure areas of police state

sudden valley gunner

Yesterday I went to meet a friend for lunch who owns a locksmith business. There was a guy in there who wanted to pay to have his car towed to the business because he wasn't sure if his key would work, his car was at the police station after being recovered from being stolen. I volunteered to walk over with him and see if it would start so he wouldn't have to pay a few hundred dollar tow fee, and the additional fees you pay from having it towed out of the police station.

We went to the lobby, the receptionist called the evidence guy, who a few minutes later got us brought us through the secure areas back to the car. His ignition was toast, but the cop said his guys had it running the night before, called in and his guys told us how to start it. The thieves had installed a goofy separate ignition, I got it started, the guy was able to drive it out of the locked evidence section.

The officer was very friendly and told me he has a job for my friend and never mentioned my OC. :lol: Maybe when they pay you not to take them to federal court they are nicer or maybe not. :cool: