Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Impressions of a gun show virgin

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135

    Impressions of a gun show virgin

    My Sweet Baboo sent this to me this morn. This one line has me pegged...........
    Going to a gun show is like going to the humane society. There are so many guns that need good homes. You MUST leave with one.

    http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/blo...how-virginHere

    Here are some simple impressions and a few questions from a gun show virgin:

    FUQ
    There are not too many women at gun shows.... Yet!

    I didn’t get strange looks for walking around with a gun on my hip.

    I did get curious looks for being a woman cruising the aisles.

    It is oddly comfortable and comforting being surrounded by guns, ammo and gun loving people!

    I have no difficulty believing the recent Gallop Poll that said 47% of homes in the US have a firearm. They were all at the show!

    You can wear ANYTHING you want to a gun show and I mean anything!

    Fully grown adult males actually will pin handwritten signs on scraps of paper on themselves!

    What are all those little parts filling the tiny bins on so many of the tables?

    Gun lovers are really nice and patient people.

    and more, go see the link
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 01-25-2014 at 12:03 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Hmmm...they never let me carry (really carry, loaded and unzipped) at gun shows.

    My gun has to be empty and zip-tied, so I won't go.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Hmmm...they never let me carry (really carry, loaded and unzipped) at gun shows.

    My gun has to be empty and zip-tied, so I won't go.
    I suspect that you do not go to gun shows for the principal products (guns & ammo) because you can likely purchase the same thing cheaper as an employee of a gun store.

    Can members of the public carry loaded handguns in the store where you work?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I will not be responding to you on-topic. See my PM.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    What eye95 neglects to say is that he made a direct personal attack in his PM and for that he was issued a warning only. It would seem that he considers omitting pertinent facts as being honest/truthful.

    Rule #6 is very clear:

    (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
    While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Wowwie!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I sent it in a PM and STILL got nailed. So, here it is in the open. I know you will nail me again. I don't care!

    Do what your power allows you to do. I will do what my ethics require me to do.
    the missing open posted PM from eye95 to grapeshot is thus...


    Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    I suspect that you do not go to gun shows for the principal products (guns & ammo) because you can likely purchase the same thing cheaper as an employee of a gun store.

    Can members of the public carry loaded handguns in the store where you work?


    Originally Posted by eye95

    Do you really expect me to ever address you on topic as long as you are behaving as a thug moderator??? You are exactly the same thing as a thug cop, except that your power is limited to OCDO.

    It would take an explicit expression of remorse for your selfish behavior and probably months of civil behavior before I could possibly respect or trust you again.


    Now I "1245A Defender" make my reply by posting this...

    All of this drama from a man that has a forum committed to the theme of "Civility"!!!
    But spends most of his time here raging against any and all who do not share his views...
    The rest of his time here at OCDO is spent telling many of us that we are "Behaving Like An A$$"!!!

    REALLY???? I mean REALLY???

    Is his post Really Getting Nailed?? what ever that means....

    Why do you waste band width and our reading time complaining about something that really doesnt happen...

    Even in light of your apology's and self serving posts telling of your soon to be goneness.
    What is the point of your whining and bellyaching about your sad treatment on this forum???
    What is the point of making a nonreply reply post to tell a poster
    that you wont reply "on topic" but you will waste all our time to tell
    a poster that you will reply in a "Private Message"!!!

    At this point, I will make no apology to you, nor anyone else on this forum
    when I tell you that I wish for you to "Move On", permanently!!!

    I am sure now, after all I have read, that I can now tell for sure when,
    "Someone Is Behaving Like An A$$"!!!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 01-25-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I am being nailed in that he is giving me "infractions" (and, in this case, lying about it), with the intent of building up enough of them to convince John and Mike to ban me. In many cases, he has instigated with an attack of his own, and then, as I put it, nailed me for responding.

    He has exemplified the behavior and the comparison of which I spoke in the PM.

    He can fix this. John and Mike can fix this. They won't. I can only assume that they do not want to fix this. They want me gone, and they want cover for that action.

    I have made repeated appeals to John and Mike. They won't even answer.

    Have you noticed that no one has italics or underlines in their sigs anymore? Grapeshot removed the formatting from my sig. So I explored the site looking for what others were doing. Italics and underlining. So I used italics and underlining. Grapeshot removed that. I pointed out that that action targeted ME alone. In a covering action, they seem to have removed that formatting from everyone else.

    Make no mistake about it: Grapeshot's actions are quite targeted and only become less targeted when his actions are highlighted. He is on a vendetta. But he can do what he will, I won't shut up about his actions.

    "You can do what your powers allow. I will do what my ethics require." Those sentences can apply to a cop using his power for his own end.
    Last edited by eye95; 01-25-2014 at 04:34 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    I see only one person here on a vendetta and it is not Grapeshot. You are making a fool of yourself.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  9. #9
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    And!!!

    What really gets me,,, si this whole series was soooo unnecessary...

    eye said he didnt like to unarm for a gunshow.
    grape asked if eye could save $$ buying in his shop?

    but eye needed to throw a hissy fit...

    He could have been "Civil" and polite by answering simple questions...
    He could have said,,, I like to see the stuff at gunshows,, but
    they aint that good,,, and I dont like to disarm when I go there...

    He could have said,,, yes, I can get just about anything that I could get at a gunshow
    Right here where I work,,, and I can get it for less $$ than at a gunshow!!!

    BTW,,, No one can carry ANYTHING AT ALL in the store where I work
    because the store where I work is in a Military Base!!!

    You see, it IS Really simple and easy to be Polite and CIVIL,,,, on the internet....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  10. #10
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I suspect that you do not go to gun shows for the principal products (guns & ammo) because you can likely purchase the same thing cheaper as an employee of a gun store.

    Can members of the public carry loaded handguns in the store where you work?
    Grape to answer your query, no the general public is not allowed into Wright Patterson AFB and as has been beat to death out here, the service members aren't even allowed to carry firearms on military facilities w/o UCMJ actions.

    Additionally, the Army and Air Force Exchange does not allow non-service personal, other than active, retired, and reserved components on orders, from purchasing products from the exchange. The cashiers are mandated to validate a purchaser's status upon checkout.

    As an employee of the Exchange, this individual would only get an employee discount at best on a very select stock on hand but as all the patrons they would not be charged Ohio sales tax on their firearm purchase.

    so for all intent and purposes, a gun show could proffer a wider selection of firearms at a cheaper price.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763

    Can't we all just get along?

    C'mon guys, nobody wins the eye-grape feud....

    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Grape to answer your query, no the general public is not allowed into Wright Patterson AFB and as has been beat to death out here, the service members aren't even allowed to carry firearms on military facilities w/o UCMJ actions.

    Additionally, the Army and Air Force Exchange does not allow non-service personal, other than active, retired, and reserved components on orders, from purchasing products from the exchange. The cashiers are mandated to validate a purchaser's status upon checkout.

    As an employee of the Exchange, this individual would only get an employee discount at best on a very select stock on hand but as all the patrons they would not be charged Ohio sales tax on their firearm purchase.

    so for all intent and purposes, a gun show could proffer a wider selection of firearms at a cheaper price.

    ipse
    It is going to depend on the state, but I know in Oklahoma I never found a better deal at a gunshow compared to the BX. Hell, when I bought my AUG I paid 1800 for it while all of the gunshows were wanting 2500-3000 for it (and it is an MSAR, not a Steyr AUG). Though personally I found all of the gun shows in OKC to be rip offs where they were almost always charging above MSRP even for used guns.

    Also, bit of nitpicking, but they also allow dependents of active, reserve (note that their ID cards no longer list that they are reserve, thus there's no way for someone to tell the difference between a reservist not on orders or an active duty person), and retired people to use the services. So my wife and children can use the BX, gas station, etc as well.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Grape to answer your query, no the general public is not allowed into Wright Patterson AFB and as has been beat to death out here, the service members aren't even allowed to carry firearms on military facilities w/o UCMJ actions.

    Additionally, the Army and Air Force Exchange does not allow non-service personal, other than active, retired, and reserved components on orders, from purchasing products from the exchange. The cashiers are mandated to validate a purchaser's status upon checkout.

    As an employee of the Exchange, this individual would only get an employee discount at best on a very select stock on hand but as all the patrons they would not be charged Ohio sales tax on their firearm purchase.

    so for all intent and purposes, a gun show could proffer a wider selection of firearms at a cheaper price.

    ipse
    Ignorant and incorrect on several counts.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    What eye95 neglects to say is that he made a direct personal attack in his PM and for that he was issued a warning [bolding mine] only...
    This is a lie. He can delete this post in addition to the other one, but it won't change the lie. I received an official notification of an infraction for the PM, not a warning. Grape lied.
    Last edited by eye95; 01-25-2014 at 07:59 PM.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This is a lie. He can delete this post in addition to the other one, but it won't change the lie. I received an official notification of an infraction for the PM, not a warning. Grape lied.
    Were you the one that got in the argument at the Hardee's in Alabama?

  16. #16
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Ignorant and incorrect on several counts.

    Cite please.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  17. #17
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    this individual fails to consistently provide cites but rather firmly believes forum membership must take his word as gospel when he posts.

    tis actually a shame since if cites were provided, his credibility would be greatly enhanced.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Ignorant and incorrect on several counts.
    eye95, care to unemotionally quantify your statement so i might provide this forum's readership appropriate and correct information?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This is a lie. He can delete this post in addition to the other one, but it won't change the lie. I received an official notification of an infraction for the PM, not a warning. Grape lied.
    If it was not just a warning how are you still posting?[insert head slap]
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Cite please.
    Just to mention a few:

    There is no discount for associates.
    Associates can purchase anything the exchange sells except alcohol, tobacco, and military clothing sales items.
    Associates who otherwise have privileges can buy anything.
    The general public can buy snack food and restaurant food items.
    There are several other categories of authorized shoppers beside active, reserve, and retired service members.
    There is no sales tax on purchases at the Exchange, regardless of the purchaser's status.

    I work for the Exchange. I know whereof I speak. The other poster is speaking from ignorance.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Were you the one that got in the argument at the Hardee's in Alabama?
    Stupid question, not worthy of an on-point response.

  22. #22
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Armed Forces Exchange Employees. Limited Exchange Privileges generally exclude tobacco products, alcoholic beverages and military uniforms.
    http://www.shopmyexchange.com/exchan...se/patrons.htm

    since i was referring specifically about you, it was presumed from your other postings and volunteering of information you are retired, therefore, you have full exchange privileges as i stated.

    you are correct but in the interest of brevity i listed the main individuals who are authorized but you are correct there are other patrons who are authorized based on their occupation as well as if they are stateside or overseas, to shop in the exchange but they are unique and must have specific permissions and id cards or order authorized by military allowing them to shop there.

    and the general public must have been granted access by the security forces to the base/post/station to even gain access to the exchange and again you are correct they may eat in the food courts if they are available. however since we were specifically discussing purchase of firearms, the general public has no ability to purchase them.

    i am sorry exchange employees lost their discount which was a staple in the past.

    finally, i specifically stated exchange patrons do not pay sales tax.

    so your statement i was ignorant and incorrect stems from what portion of the information i provided?

    your P/A behaviour is quite obvious ...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-25-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  23. #23
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Were you the one that got in the argument at the Hardee's in Alabama?
    care to illuminate the remainder of the membership?

    or pm me

    hummmm

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This is a lie. He can delete this post in addition to the other one, but it won't change the lie. I received an official notification of an infraction for the PM, not a warning. Grape lied.
    You received an infraction in error - that was immediately changed to a warning, which was my intent for that particular personal insult.

    You received the later infraction for posting the contents of a PRIVATE message.

    You are on record as having been advised re all of the above.

    This thread has deviated from the OP so badly that it is being locked and a replacement started:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...67#post2029467
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •