• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Impressions of a gun show virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Sweet Baboo sent this to me this morn. This one line has me pegged...........
Going to a gun show is like going to the humane society. There are so many guns that need good homes. You MUST leave with one.

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/blog/just-for-fun/impressions-of-a-gun-show-virginHere

Here are some simple impressions and a few questions from a gun show virgin:

FUQ
There are not too many women at gun shows.... Yet!

I didn’t get strange looks for walking around with a gun on my hip.

I did get curious looks for being a woman cruising the aisles.

It is oddly comfortable and comforting being surrounded by guns, ammo and gun loving people!

I have no difficulty believing the recent Gallop Poll that said 47% of homes in the US have a firearm. They were all at the show!

You can wear ANYTHING you want to a gun show and I mean anything!

Fully grown adult males actually will pin handwritten signs on scraps of paper on themselves!

What are all those little parts filling the tiny bins on so many of the tables?

Gun lovers are really nice and patient people.

and more, go see the link

Last edited:

eye95

Hmmm...they never let me carry (really carry, loaded and unzipped) at gun shows.

My gun has to be empty and zip-tied, so I won't go.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hmmm...they never let me carry (really carry, loaded and unzipped) at gun shows.

My gun has to be empty and zip-tied, so I won't go.
I suspect that you do not go to gun shows for the principal products (guns & ammo) because you can likely purchase the same thing cheaper as an employee of a gun store.

Can members of the public carry loaded handguns in the store where you work?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What eye95 neglects to say is that he made a direct personal attack in his PM and for that he was issued a warning only. It would seem that he considers omitting pertinent facts as being honest/truthful.

Rule #6 is very clear:

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

I sent it in a PM and STILL got nailed. So, here it is in the open. I know you will nail me again. I don't care!

Do what your power allows you to do. I will do what my ethics require me to do.

the missing open posted PM from eye95 to grapeshot is thus...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot
I suspect that you do not go to gun shows for the principal products (guns & ammo) because you can likely purchase the same thing cheaper as an employee of a gun store.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eye95

Do you really expect me to ever address you on topic as long as you are behaving as a thug moderator??? You are exactly the same thing as a thug cop, except that your power is limited to OCDO.

It would take an explicit expression of remorse for your selfish behavior and probably months of civil behavior before I could possibly respect or trust you again.

Now I "1245A Defender" make my reply by posting this...

All of this drama from a man that has a forum committed to the theme of "Civility"!!!
But spends most of his time here raging against any and all who do not share his views...
The rest of his time here at OCDO is spent telling many of us that we are "Behaving Like An A$$"!!!

REALLY???? I mean REALLY???

Is his post Really Getting Nailed?? what ever that means....

Why do you waste band width and our reading time complaining about something that really doesnt happen...

Even in light of your apology's and self serving posts telling of your soon to be goneness.
What is the point of your whining and bellyaching about your sad treatment on this forum???
What is the point of making a nonreply reply post to tell a poster
that you wont reply "on topic" but you will waste all our time to tell
a poster that you will reply in a "Private Message"!!!

At this point, I will make no apology to you, nor anyone else on this forum
when I tell you that I wish for you to "Move On", permanently!!!

I am sure now, after all I have read, that I can now tell for sure when,
"Someone Is Behaving Like An A$$"!!!!!

Last edited:

eye95

I am being nailed in that he is giving me "infractions" (and, in this case, lying about it), with the intent of building up enough of them to convince John and Mike to ban me. In many cases, he has instigated with an attack of his own, and then, as I put it, nailed me for responding.

He has exemplified the behavior and the comparison of which I spoke in the PM.

He can fix this. John and Mike can fix this. They won't. I can only assume that they do not want to fix this. They want me gone, and they want cover for that action.

I have made repeated appeals to John and Mike. They won't even answer.

Have you noticed that no one has italics or underlines in their sigs anymore? Grapeshot removed the formatting from my sig. So I explored the site looking for what others were doing. Italics and underlining. So I used italics and underlining. Grapeshot removed that. I pointed out that that action targeted ME alone. In a covering action, they seem to have removed that formatting from everyone else.

Make no mistake about it: Grapeshot's actions are quite targeted and only become less targeted when his actions are highlighted. He is on a vendetta. But he can do what he will, I won't shut up about his actions.

"You can do what your powers allow. I will do what my ethics require." Those sentences can apply to a cop using his power for his own end.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

And!!!

What really gets me,,, si this whole series was soooo unnecessary...

eye said he didnt like to unarm for a gunshow.
grape asked if eye could save $$ buying in his shop?

but eye needed to throw a hissy fit...

He could have been "Civil" and polite by answering simple questions...
He could have said,,, I like to see the stuff at gunshows,, but
they aint that good,,, and I dont like to disarm when I go there...

He could have said,,, yes, I can get just about anything that I could get at a gunshow
Right here where I work,,, and I can get it for less $$ than at a gunshow!!!

BTW,,, No one can carry ANYTHING AT ALL in the store where I work
because the store where I work is in a Military Base!!!

You see, it IS Really simple and easy to be Polite and CIVIL,,,, on the internet....

solus

Grape to answer your query, no the general public is not allowed into Wright Patterson AFB and as has been beat to death out here, the service members aren't even allowed to carry firearms on military facilities w/o UCMJ actions.

Additionally, the Army and Air Force Exchange does not allow non-service personal, other than active, retired, and reserved components on orders, from purchasing products from the exchange. The cashiers are mandated to validate a purchaser's status upon checkout.

As an employee of the Exchange, this individual would only get an employee discount at best on a very select stock on hand but as all the patrons they would not be charged Ohio sales tax on their firearm purchase.

so for all intent and purposes, a gun show could proffer a wider selection of firearms at a cheaper price.

ipse

Aknazer

Grape to answer your query, no the general public is not allowed into Wright Patterson AFB and as has been beat to death out here, the service members aren't even allowed to carry firearms on military facilities w/o UCMJ actions.

Additionally, the Army and Air Force Exchange does not allow non-service personal, other than active, retired, and reserved components on orders, from purchasing products from the exchange. The cashiers are mandated to validate a purchaser's status upon checkout.

As an employee of the Exchange, this individual would only get an employee discount at best on a very select stock on hand but as all the patrons they would not be charged Ohio sales tax on their firearm purchase.

so for all intent and purposes, a gun show could proffer a wider selection of firearms at a cheaper price.

ipse

It is going to depend on the state, but I know in Oklahoma I never found a better deal at a gunshow compared to the BX. Hell, when I bought my AUG I paid 1800 for it while all of the gunshows were wanting 2500-3000 for it (and it is an MSAR, not a Steyr AUG). Though personally I found all of the gun shows in OKC to be rip offs where they were almost always charging above MSRP even for used guns.

Also, bit of nitpicking, but they also allow dependents of active, reserve (note that their ID cards no longer list that they are reserve, thus there's no way for someone to tell the difference between a reservist not on orders or an active duty person), and retired people to use the services. So my wife and children can use the BX, gas station, etc as well.

eye95

ipse

Ignorant and incorrect on several counts.

eye95

What eye95 neglects to say is that he made a direct personal attack in his PM and for that he was issued a warning [bolding mine] only...

This is a lie. He can delete this post in addition to the other one, but it won't change the lie. I received an official notification of an infraction for the PM, not a warning. Grape lied.

Last edited:

Mo

Banned
This is a lie. He can delete this post in addition to the other one, but it won't change the lie. I received an official notification of an infraction for the PM, not a warning. Grape lied.

Were you the one that got in the argument at the Hardee's in Alabama?

solus

this individual fails to consistently provide cites but rather firmly believes forum membership must take his word as gospel when he posts.

tis actually a shame since if cites were provided, his credibility would be greatly enhanced.

ipse

WalkingWolf

If it was not just a warning how are you still posting?[insert head slap]:uhoh:

eye95

Cite please.

Just to mention a few:

There is no discount for associates.
Associates can purchase anything the exchange sells except alcohol, tobacco, and military clothing sales items.
Associates who otherwise have privileges can buy anything.
The general public can buy snack food and restaurant food items.
There are several other categories of authorized shoppers beside active, reserve, and retired service members.
There is no sales tax on purchases at the Exchange, regardless of the purchaser's status.

I work for the Exchange. I know whereof I speak. The other poster is speaking from ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.