Thread: Prepping for self-sufficiency. Keeping it clean! Sanitary products and replacement.

Prepping for self-sufficiency. Keeping it clean! Sanitary products and replacement.

Do you preppers still use toilet paper just once? What then?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Guess I'll bite on this lol. My wife has a uncle who buys 3 ply toilet paper. He then, separates the plies, and re-rolls them. He has a ton of stuff in his room he preps for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My question still stands, what then?

In my work we bought 10,000 packs of a dozen Birdseye lint-free diapers each year. I use them now for drying fine glassware, almost twenty years later. They have obviously withstood the test of time and many washings - as a good diaper should. Rinse the solids off, soak in disinfectant and wash and dry. I wonder how many modern moms use cloth diapers and clean them for reuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    My question still stands, what then?

In my work we bought 10,000 packs of a dozen Birdseye lint-free diapers each year. I use them now for drying fine glassware, almost twenty years later. They have obviously withstood the test of time and many washings - as a good diaper should. Rinse the solids off, soak in disinfectant and wash and dry. I wonder how many modern moms use cloth diapers and clean them for reuse?
    maybe you should offer cloth diaper cleaning services? teach a valuable skill and make some money?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I used cloth diapers from time to time on my kids. Came in handy when money was short, rashes came around, or just wanted to stretch out the pampers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    maybe you should offer cloth diaper cleaning services? teach a valuable skill and make some money?
    Ahh, the joys of a timely and successful retirement. Be sure to retire while you are young enough to enjoy it.

I worked in nuclear power and was required to know how to clean-up and direct the clean-up of radioactive spills. We were drilled with water with a florescent tracer in it. Clean it and then the instructor would bring an UV lamp and demonstrate how good your job was. Now, I'm one hell of a housekeeper. I would charge $100/hour for general cleaning services with a contract.