Thread: Worst Carry Rig Ever?

Worst Carry Rig Ever?

What's Wrong with this picture?

Found at http://gunsafetyblog.com/2014/01/24/...his-carry-rig/

Not ideal for me and most of the people I know, but far, far, far from the worst rig I've seen.

Heck, except for uncomfortable in many situations, and possibly a little difficult to get to, this rig seems quite safe and secure, for as long as its cheap construction lasts.

The direction of the muzzle is no different than an horizontal shoulder-holster, and many people give those a pass, some more reluctantly than others.

Just based on the shape of the bottom of the grip, I'm going to say that is an HK P7, one of the safest guns out there. Which makes my only thought along the lines of why is a $1200 pistol in a $12 holster.
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-26-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Not for me but I have seen a lot worse.

I was thinking P7 also.

Would be very uncomfortable in any type of chair or couch with a back on it.

As far as drawing if one is flexible enough not super fast but doable.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I have never seen anyone carry like that with the grip pointed down. Most times is with the grip pointing upward.

I would think it would be darn uncomfortable sitting.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-26-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he used sufficient ductape. But no, that is not the worst carry rig I've seen.

This one comes close though:

*Seems like it would move around a lot (could allow gun to fall)
    *The retention apparatus/straps seem prone to failure (again, could lead to gun hitting ground)
    *No visible protection to the gun from bodily sweat
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

A quality gun does not need protection from sweat.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post

*The retention apparatus/straps seem prone to failure (again, could lead to gun hitting ground)
    It also appears to be unloaded anyway. Trigger appears to be in the rear, uncocked, position.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

What gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he used sufficient ductape. But no, that is not the worst carry rig I've seen.

Holy yente...how small is that person or how big is that gun? The firearm covers more than half the back
    Last edited by Bernymac; 01-28-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I have never seen anyone carry like that with the grip pointed down. Most times is with the grip pointing upward.

I would think it would be darn uncomfortable sitting.
    Probably a good reason you haven't seen anyone carry like this before, quite apart from the comfort (or lack thereof) when sitting.

I'm thinking that with the grip pointing down he's going to end up muzzle sweeping his own back when he draws unless he figures out some fancy shoulder, elbow and wrist combinations. Grip up seems far more of a natural movement. Anyone can try it with just your hand and point your index finger (cue the skidmark references) to represent a barrel and you ought to be able to see for yourself what I mean. How difficult is it NOT to sweep yourself from the grip down position?