• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Worst Carry Rig Ever?

LouieLouie

What's Wrong with this picture?

worstcarryrig.jpg

Found at http://gunsafetyblog.com/2014/01/24/whats-wrong-with-this-carry-rig/

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Not ideal for me and most of the people I know, but far, far, far from the worst rig I've seen.

Heck, except for uncomfortable in many situations, and possibly a little difficult to get to, this rig seems quite safe and secure, for as long as its cheap construction lasts.

The direction of the muzzle is no different than an horizontal shoulder-holster, and many people give those a pass, some more reluctantly than others.

Just based on the shape of the bottom of the grip, I'm going to say that is an HK P7, one of the safest guns out there. Which makes my only thought along the lines of why is a $1200 pistol in a $12 holster.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Not for me but I have seen a lot worse.

I was thinking P7 also.

Would be very uncomfortable in any type of chair or couch with a back on it.

As far as drawing if one is flexible enough not super fast but doable.

WalkingWolf

I have never seen anyone carry like that with the grip pointed down. Most times is with the grip pointing upward.

I would think it would be darn uncomfortable sitting.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he used sufficient ductape.:p But no, that is not the worst carry rig I've seen.

This one comes close though:
does_this_get_you_excited.jpg

*Seems like it would move around a lot (could allow gun to fall)
*The retention apparatus/straps seem prone to failure (again, could lead to gun hitting ground)
*No visible protection to the gun from bodily sweat

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

*The retention apparatus/straps seem prone to failure (again, could lead to gun hitting ground)

It also appears to be unloaded anyway. Trigger appears to be in the rear, uncocked, position.

Bernymac

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he used sufficient ductape.:p But no, that is not the worst carry rig I've seen.

Holy yente...how small is that person or how big is that gun? The firearm covers more than half the back:eek:

Last edited:

scouser

I have never seen anyone carry like that with the grip pointed down. Most times is with the grip pointing upward.

I would think it would be darn uncomfortable sitting.

Probably a good reason you haven't seen anyone carry like this before, quite apart from the comfort (or lack thereof) when sitting.

I'm thinking that with the grip pointing down he's going to end up muzzle sweeping his own back when he draws unless he figures out some fancy shoulder, elbow and wrist combinations. Grip up seems far more of a natural movement. Anyone can try it with just your hand and point your index finger (cue the skidmark references) to represent a barrel and you ought to be able to see for yourself what I mean. How difficult is it NOT to sweep yourself from the grip down position?