Thread: GR City Manager seeking input from community on hiring new Police Chief.

GR City Manager seeking input from community on hiring new Police Chief.

I thought those of us that live in GR might want to help Mr Sundstrom out a little.

http://grcity.us/administrative-serv...ef-Survey.aspx

Well good on GR, for at least asking before they install the next chief of OPINION ENFORCEMENT....

Looks like the Mayor has already found his fall guy for their impending loss in federal court.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=119278
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-27-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Request

I respectfully request the incoming Chief charge, REQUIRE and monitor his entire staff; office, patrol, jail, and 911; to complete an instructional course on the U.S. Constitution. Such a course is required of EVERY graduate of Hillsdale University and costs the student nothing. The same course is available online from Hillsdale at NO CHARGE to any individual or group of individuals. Each future new hire would be so required.
    This one move would reduce the amount paid in future municipal lawsuits, insure smoother departmental operations, enhance the safety of his officers and ensure the rights of his citizens and any other U.S. citizens they encounter.
    Huge return for a meager expense.

Quote Originally Posted by tenletters View Post
    I respectfully request the incoming Chief charge, REQUIRE and monitor his entire staff; office, patrol, jail, and 911; to complete an instructional course on the U.S. Constitution. Such a course is required of EVERY graduate of Hillsdale University and costs the student nothing. The same course is available online from Hillsdale at NO CHARGE to any individual or group of individuals. Each future new hire would be so required.
    This one move would reduce the amount paid in future municipal lawsuits, insure smoother departmental operations, enhance the safety of his officers and ensure the rights of his citizens and any other U.S. citizens they encounter.
    I don't know that Hillsdale is all the gun friendly. From their rules
    http://www.hillsdale.edu/campus-life...ForbiddenItems
    Firearms, knives, explosives, fireworks, dangerous chemicals and/or other weapons; this includes items such as pellet guns, BB guns, paint guns, airsoft guns, bows and arrows, metal tipped darts, etc. are not allowed in students’ rooms. The College reserves the right to confiscate forbidden items until alternate arrangements can be made.
    Last edited by Raggs; 02-03-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I don't know that Hillsdale is all the gun friendly. From their rules
    http://www.hillsdale.edu/campus-life...ForbiddenItems
    Firearms, knives, explosives, fireworks, dangerous chemicals and/or other weapons; this includes items such as pellet guns, BB guns, paint guns, airsoft guns, bows and arrows, metal tipped darts, etc. are not allowed in students’ rooms. The College reserves the right to confiscate forbidden items until alternate arrangements can be made.

One step at a time sir. Nowhere is it written that instruction on the Constitution assures a founder's understanding of same. There is, after all, more to the document than the 2nd Amendment. Long before lawful carry comes due cause, entrapment and rights against self incrimination to name a few.

My point is, embarrassingly few LEOs have anything more than a working knowledge of the Constitution, let alone variances in state or even their local laws. Nearly all of their training is hands on, through osmosis. Most are ignorant of what they can and cannot legally do, hence the "blue code".

One meager step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by tenletters View Post
    Do you have a link to this info? I'd gladly take this course if it was free and I'd spread the word to co workers.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Do you have a link to this info? I'd gladly take this course if it was free and I'd spread the word to co workers.

Here you go since your Google detective skill seem to be on the fritz. Hope you're not a homicide defective...err detective.

May you and all your "comrades" learn well (after the fact) what you swore to uphold.
    https://online.hillsdale.edu/constitution101/info
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Here you go since your Google detective skill seem to be on the fritz. Hope you're not a homicide defective...err detective.

May you and all your "comrades" learn well (after the fact) what you swore to uphold.
    Thanks brother I appreciate it. The comrades also appreciate it.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post

Just signed up for this tonight. It appears its a series of online lectures that you watch and .maybe some hand outs that are archived. Once you complete the material you can take a 40 question test. If you get 32 right you get a certificate of completion. I guess this is a mini course that follows the real full credited course.

A chuckle worthy foot note here... WOOD TV8 did a teaser about the story at about 10 after 6 this AM. As the anchor was talking, they were showing video of the sleepwalking man in his underwear statue at some college that people have an issue, with. Seemed ironically appropriate.