• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 1660 - Task Force - Sen Bye having secret meetings - FOIC complaint anyone?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Last week I got back a FOIA response from Sen. Bye (pdf file) and in it was her 2013 meeting calendar.

This showed numerous meetings of the task force that produced SB 1160 -- meetings that were not noticed to the public, where the public was kept out, no minutes were taken and other violations of our FOI statues.

So these were secret meetings. Secret meetings go by different rules than others in respect to filing a complaint with the freedom of information commission...once discovered then one has 30 days to file a complaint.

The commission could decide to void the meetings and the output of the committee ... ie SB 1160 and PA13-3. A court could view the violations as well in the light of violating a person's 14th amendment rights of due process that also apply as to how a law is produced (and yes, the 14th amendment applies as to how laws are made).

Anyone who wishes to move forward with a complaint before the FOIC in respect to attacking these meetings and PA13-3 shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you over the pdf file I got in respect to my FOIA request. You'll be amazed at how many meetings actually took place behind closed doors in secret.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nobody is interested in this aspect of how SB1160 was produced even if it could void the bill?

After the fed court said the law was jussst fine

Last edited: