• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alexandria Dinner, March 1st, 2014

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I'm proposing a 6:00 p.m. dinner at the Southside 815 Restaurant on Saturday, March 1st. They can accommodate 10-12 people and I will need an accurate headcount about a week in advance. Their address is 815 S Washington St, Alexandria, VA 22314. Please RSVP here.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Tess invited me to drive up and see the strange folks north of the Ni, so put me down for one.

stay safe.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
For those not familiar with Southside 815, there is plenty of free parking behind the restaurant (turn onto Jefferson, then make the first left into the alley; the building is marked Clayborn or something like that). As you go down the ramp and make the U-turn to the next row, the visitor (V) spots are at the end of the row -- and nearest an elevator that will take you to street level.

grylnsmn

I wish I could go, and I'd bring the wife and kids, except the wife's due date is March 5. I'm not committing to anything except her for the next month. (After all, she's the better shot, as I learned 5 years ago on our first date. :shocker: )

Steeler-gal

How many people do you have now?
I'm a chapter leader of a woman's shooting club and there are probably a few people of them (4 or 5) that live in the area who might be interested in attending but don't want to extend the invite if we've got the max you need.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
How many people do you have now?
I'm a chapter leader of a woman's shooting club and there are probably a few people of them (4 or 5) that live in the area who might be interested in attending but don't want to extend the invite if we've got the max you need.

Currently we have 10 (Including you) + a probable, so I think it's do-able if several more attend. Just let me know what the committed total is so I can advise the restaurant.

JohnM15A

For those not familiar with Southside 815, there is plenty of free parking behind the restaurant (turn onto Jefferson, then make the first left into the alley; the building is marked Clayborn or something like that). As you go down the ramp and make the U-turn to the next row, the visitor (V) spots are at the end of the row -- and nearest an elevator that will take you to street level.

Ooops, just saw this...