• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Halloween night? I have not heard of any kids getting gunned down by cops for lugging a air soft/BB gun around with their bag of candy.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...e-police-was-halloween-reveler-with-fake-gun/

http://nypost.com/2013/11/04/connecticut-college-on-lockdown/

There was a story a few years back about an idiot who pointed one in a cops face and lived to tell about it, they referenced it as "felony stupid" and frankly I think the term fits, not that it should however be illegal, just call it proof Darwin was right.

While I appreciate that you have never heard of it happening, you have heard of officers responding poorly to bb guns on other days or even real guns, it is just part of life today. May I offer an alternate perspective on the "I ain't heard of it" theory.

I ain't heard of anyone being trampled to death by a bull after sneaking up behind it and punting it in the sack, but I ain't gonna try it, but also do not think it should be illegal.

Anyone giving this a shot, please post a link to the video.

OC for ME

You completely missed my point. No problem.
The context of the viewed carry is everything. Halloween night? I have not heard of any kids getting gunned down by cops for lugging a air soft/BB gun around with their bag of candy. Though, I'd certainly not be trick or treating by myself in the OPs costume. If he is trick or treating with sexy witches, sexy nurses, zombies, and that Scary Movie guy, a cop ain't gunna look twice, may not even look once, let alone stop and check the gun.
I'll withdraw from this conversation.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
You completely missed my point. No problem.I'll withdraw from this conversation.

Not sure I missed the point and I am aware mine is some what unusual however it has happened on several occasions aka increased risk.

The guy in the top link got 5 million in settlement, though that is a hell of a way to get it.

There have also been some that walked, in one situation, the police shot through the window on Halloween night and killed the guy at a loud party. Seems they spotted him inside with a gun in his hand and aerated him. It was a prop gun and they were found justified after being called therre on a loud noise complaint. i think that it was in oakland, I forget.

Oramac

Or we could not go backwards and capitulate one right for another. You're really willing to give up one for the other?

No I'm not. Nor would I be. SAPA does NOT interfere with your right to OC in the slightest. As has been stated a firearm in a carrying case IS NOT open carry. Thus, you cannot be charged for it.

arentol

I would simplify your life and costume and not bring the rifle. If someone asks why you don't have one explain that you are from early in the war when Russian soldiers had to share rifles, and since you are off duty your rifle is with someone who is on duty.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk