• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Relating to notice against trespass; amending RCW 9A.52.010

Grim_Night

So, there's already a law about it and we need more --rusrs? Gun grabbers use that logic too.

Not a fan of small government apparently.

Liberal=loves big gov

Conservative=claims to hate big gov until they want it to do something they approve of

They aren't adding a new law... Read the thread title. It says "Relating to notice against trespass; amending RCW 9A.52.010"

RCW 9A.52.010
Definitions.

All they are doing is adding a definition, that's it. RCW 9A.52.010 isn't even a law in and of itself, it's just definitions for clarification purposes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
They aren't adding a new law... Read the thread title. It says "Relating to notice against trespass; amending RCW 9A.52.010"

RCW 9A.52.010
Definitions.

All they are doing is adding a definition, that's it. RCW 9A.52.010 isn't even a law in and of itself, it's just definitions for clarification purposes.

Definitions are not "for clarification"...they hold for the section that they are produced for -- they control was is and was isn't covered under the law.

Dave_pro2a

RCW 9A.52.010
Definitions.

Ahhh, so if the powers that be 'expand' Lautenberg to include misdemeanors, that would be A-OK. Because it's not a 'new' law, just 'adjusting' a definition.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

You do understand that all this does is add paint marking as a way to post property, right? That the existing trespassing provisions remain unaltered? That there are ALREADY trespassing provisions in the law?

This isn't some rosicrucian/masonic conspiracy to establish one world government and grind the face of the common man in the mud under the bootheel of oppressive government, for pity's sake. It's about inexpensively and clearly notifying people that the person who owns some piece of land doesn't want people coming onto it without permission.

You want to worry about the growing police state? Work to get the existing handgun registry abolished. That's a much bigger threat to your freedom than some rural property owner walking down his property line with a can of orange paint making foot long stripes on tree trunks.

Why don't you just paint your trees anyway? Why ask for a law?

Nice Red Herring though.

Last edited:

MrGray

Why don't you just paint your trees anyway? Why ask for a law?

Nice Red Herring though.

Why, because if there is no provision in the law for posting property with paint marks being equivalent to posting with signs, when the deputy shows up, he'd say "Now, Mr. Gray, those are very nicely done paint marks with no legal meaning, you *should* have posted signs," instead of "Now, you young bozo, this property is clearly properly posted, so you and I are going to take a little ride together." Is that really so difficult for you to understand?

Look, go ahead and oppose this on whatever grounds you please, it's no skin off my nose. I just thought that some people might want to understand that there is an actual need for this, that it's used without trouble in nine other states, and that it's not some hidden conspiracy.

Dave_pro2a

I just thought that some people might want to understand that there is an actual need for this.

Ahh the age old justification for expanding government regulations and control. "We 'need' this, you just don't understand that!"

Screw that.

sudden valley gunner

Why, because if there is no provision in the law for posting property with paint marks being equivalent to posting with signs, when the deputy shows up, he'd say "Now, Mr. Gray, those are very nicely done paint marks with no legal meaning, you *should* have posted signs," instead of "Now, you young bozo, this property is clearly properly posted, so you and I are going to take a little ride together." Is that really so difficult for you to understand?

Look, go ahead and oppose this on whatever grounds you please, it's no skin off my nose. I just thought that some people might want to understand that there is an actual need for this, that it's used without trouble in nine other states, and that it's not some hidden conspiracy.

OH Conspiracy! :rolleyes: LOL.....

Please try to make arguments without subtle adhominem attack with a hint of strawherring and redherring.

More laws is not the answer a court system that respects your property rights needs to be reinstated.

OC for ME

<snip> I just thought that some people might want to understand that there is an actual need for this, that it's used without trouble in nine other states, and that it's not some hidden conspiracy.
I read the "law" and it clearly is nothing more than strengthening a existing law, in my view, that codifies one of the very few things government is supposed to do, intercede on the behalf of the citizenry, if called upon to do so, in the protection of individual rights, property rights in this case. Not all trespasses require government involvement.