Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Denver Post - City Castle Rock moves to open carry in public buildings and parks

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Denver Post - City Castle Rock moves to open carry in public buildings and parks

    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25...ngs?source=rss

    SNIP

    It is now legal to open carry a firearm in public buildings and parks around Castle Rock.

    The Castle Rock Town Council heard several hours of public comment for the second week in a row concerning the repeal of the firearm open-carry ban before its vote.

    Shortly before 11 p.m., council voted 4-3 to repeal the ban.

    . . .

  2. #2
    Regular Member SpringfieldCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    11
    Alright! That's the kind of results we can expect when people get involved when it comes to our rights! Now if only we can pass the "Constitution Carry" House bill

    Posted via Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    466
    all right county commission - you threatened to resign if this passes: BYE!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    El Paso County, Colorado
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post
    all right county commission - you threatened to resign if this passes: BYE!
    It's the planning commission for Castle Rock, which is rather different from the County Commissioners.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    It's the planning commission for Castle Rock, which is rather different from the County Commissioners.
    ah, ok - thanks for the correction

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Yeah!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25...ngs?source=rss

    SNIP

    It is now legal to open carry a firearm in public buildings and parks around Castle Rock.

    The Castle Rock Town Council heard several hours of public comment for the second week in a row concerning the repeal of the firearm open-carry ban before its vote.

    Shortly before 11 p.m., council voted 4-3 to repeal the ban.

    . . .
    was it illegal before cause i visited my inlaws over the new years and i OC'd everywhere which means i broke the law in castle rock?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Douglas County, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    101
    No, the restrictions were only for town properties. Everywhere else is fine - private property rules still apply.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •