Thread: Has anyone dealt with the gunsmiths at Shooters Supply in Paducah, Kentucky?

Has anyone dealt with the gunsmiths at Shooters Supply in Paducah, Kentucky?

Well over a year ago I took my Broomhandle to Shooters Supply to get it working. I haven't heard from them, except for the few times that I've called them. Has anyone here had any experience with the gunsmiths at Shooters Supply?
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

A C96 at a gunsmith?

Maybe better response in a/the state specific forum.

A C96? I don't know that I'd trust my Luger to a BigBox gunsmith. What are you having done, if I may be nosy and ask?

Not the same item but identical for all intents and purposes. The 9 mm of the pair

http://www.rockislandauction.com/vie...id/53/lid/1964
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-29-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Shooters Supply really isn't a big box store, it's a family owned gun store in Paducah, Kentucky.

I have a Broomhandle Mauser there that needs a few parts, such as a firing pin, an ejector, and a magazine spring.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Gunsmithing

Ten Beers, If things don't work out for you take it to TG&G Gun range here in Louisville. Ask for Tim Crawford he runs the Gun repair, He is well versed in the Gun in question. I know it's a ways to go but they are top notch Gunsmiths. He is also my neighbor and good friend, might get a break on the work if you mention this forum and me.
    Last edited by KRM59; 01-29-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

It could very well be that just finding the parts could be a real PITA and takes up a lot of time that he most likely not get paid for.

Let alone charging for the repair time all of that could easy be worth more then the firearm itself depending on the worth of the gun.

What do they say when you ask them.

If they are not clear I would get my gun back fix it myself or find someone else.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 01-29-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by KRM59 View Post
    Ten Beers, If things don't work out for you take it to TG&G Gun range here in Louisville. Ask for Tim Crawford he runs the Gun repair, He is well versed in the Gun in question. I know it's a ways to go but they are top notch Gunsmiths. He is also my neighbor and good friend, might get a break on the work if you mention this forum and me.
    Thanks KRM59, I'll make note of it and keep TG&G in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    It could very well be that just finding the parts could be a real PITA and takes up a lot of time that he most likely not get paid for.

Let alone charging for the repair time all of that could easy be worth more then the firearm itself depending on the worth of the gun.

What do they say when you ask them.

If they are not clear I would get my gun back fix it myself or find someone else.
    That's what they keep telling me. The gun has mismatched numbers anyway, and that won't help none. The next time I go up there I'm going to pick it up and try somewhere else.

If the parts are mismatched and the gun is not particularly pretty, then you could probably round up the parts yourself and change them. I have never been privileged to disassemble a C96 but Lugers are quite simple. No one cares as much for your gun as you do, what is that worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    If the parts are mismatched and the gun is not particularly pretty, then you could probably round up the parts yourself and change them. I have never been privileged to disassemble a C96 but Lugers are quite simple. No one cares as much for your gun as you do, what is that worth?
    It really has no great value because of the mismatched numbers. The wooden holster/shoulder stock is worth more than the gun itself. But I do want to get it to shooting again.

Last edited by Nightmare; 01-30-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Nightmare, after I get my gun back, I'll look into it.