• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maryland-based Beretta to build new firearms plant in Tennessee

OC for ME

HPmatt

Article is interesting in that you have Haslam, the TN Gov, talking about allowing city/county parks the ability to restrict CHL and OC in parks because the govt is the 'property owner' - looks to me he has that backward - the TAXPAYERS are the owners and the Govts are subdivisions of the STATE and should follow STATE LAW.

Would have liked to see the opposite argument made - about legal gun owners having to DISARM to venture into parks THEY PAID FOR. Or perhaps create a straw group - "non-taxpaying Drug Dealers have rights too" - 'we have rights too - we vote too - drug dealers, crackheads and pedophiles all need to be able to transact their business in safe places - State/County/City parks - w/o fear of getting told off or shot by legally carrying citizens following state laws'.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I don't think this is a complete move. It's probably just where they are building their expansion, but it's a good sign that they, for whatever reason, are getting this political message across to some degree.

I talked with Beretta at the SHOT Show. Most of the conversation was about that ugly long-awaited ARX-100. I asked if they would be building them in Maryland still. She said yes.

cjohnson44546

Article is interesting in that you have Haslam, the TN Gov, talking about allowing city/county parks the ability to restrict CHL and OC in parks because the govt is the 'property owner' - looks to me he has that backward - the TAXPAYERS are the owners and the Govts are subdivisions of the STATE and should follow STATE LAW.

Would have liked to see the opposite argument made - about legal gun owners having to DISARM to venture into parks THEY PAID FOR. Or perhaps create a straw group - "non-taxpaying Drug Dealers have rights too" - 'we have rights too - we vote too - drug dealers, crackheads and pedophiles all need to be able to transact their business in safe places - State/County/City parks - w/o fear of getting told off or shot by legally carrying citizens following state laws'.

right now parks are allowed to post No Guns (which carries weight of law in TN). Most every park I've ever seen are posted. There is a bill up right now to try to stop this and not allow any parks (and the like) to be posted anymore.

HPmatt

I talked with Beretta at the SHOT Show. Most of the conversation was about that ugly long-awaited ARX-100. I asked if they would be building them in Maryland still. She said yes.

The Beretta sales guy I talked to yesterday said they should have the ARX-100 in 556 in about 3 more months. Of course they've been saying that for almost a year. Glad to see them send a BIG shot over the bow at Maryland. Would think TN is definitely going to gain the bulk of future expansion and any additional modernization of older processes, as well as diversification for disaster planning of a second location and suppliers.

Was also glad to see Gibson guitar is coming out with a Government Series guitars with wood the Feds just returned to them after punishing their anti-Obama lack of fundraising.