• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silver Bowl Park

jdholmes

Did not realize this - but apparently silver bowl park is a county park. I have assumed it was a Henderson park being that it is right on the border of the two cities.

My neighborhood is very close and so I've been carrying - oops.

Of course I also carry at the wetlands park - like they'd catch me walking there unarmed.

Really tired of Clark County's disregard of state preemption action. I shouldn't ever have to worry about being legal on one side of the road and yet crossing the street my personal defense becomes illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De5115

Are you saying that we can't open carry at parks in Clark County? I haven't been tracking that.

The only local 2A infringements that I'm tracking are 1) Clark County's handgun registration requirement, and 2) NLV ordnance 9.32.080 prohibiting persons from carrying a loaded weapon without a permit (this ordnance is in contradiction with State Law).

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Clark County does have an illegal restriction on guns in their parks:

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/...lice/Pages/ClarkCountyCodeRelatedtoParks.aspx

Unfortunately, last I heard, the Clark County Attorney also claims it is legitimate and that they will prosecute. I talked to at one of the municipal police chiefs down in Clark County at the Nevada Sheriffs' and Chiefs' CCW meeting who said he wouldn't enforce it. But he doesn't speak for the others.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Notice though it does not say what the charge would be. There is no link to the enforcement code. Other than the mention of illegal ccw.

28kfps

That's a battle worth fighting.

There is many posting on this. Clark County parks and Las Vegas City parks does ignore the state preemptive law. It has been battled by some on this from in the past via-letters and e-mails. Henderson parks does follow the gun laws. However a park in Henderson does not automatically mean it is not a County park.