Thread: .22 LR Ammo Recall

.22 LR Ammo Recall

Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22™ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.
    Symbol Number: S22LRT
    Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L
    Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.
    DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® M*22™ 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION WITH LOT NUMBERS GD42L or GD52L. The ammunition Lot Number is imprinted (stamped without ink) on the left tuck flap of the 500-round carton as indicated here. The 1000-round intermediate carton does not have a Lot Number.

as tough as its been to find 22 ammo, i think some would be willing to risk it...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    as tough as its been to find 22 ammo, i think some would be willing to risk it...
    Could be a costly, foolish mistake. Not something I would recommend.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

My local wally world sold 6,000 rounds of this stuff on Tuesday. I was mad for not getting up at the crack of dawn to beat the ammo scalpers...the sporting goods manager said they (scalpers) bought it all in less than 12 minutes then biotched him out for not having more on hand! Something tells me the suckers that bought it from them off BP are not getting a refund from them. Winchester will do right by them though, if they are smart enough to call.

I heard an interview from the 2014 shot show with ammo & powder manufactures saying it will be at least another year before they get back to per madness inventory on 22lr....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

"Not something I would recommend"

nor I. not my kind of odds, just to go plinking.

I know I don't have any. I haven't seen a 500 rd box of. 22LR in a year or more.