Thread: Road Trip

Road Trip

Gonna be driving down to the Grand Canyon in February for a backpacking trip.

I'll be passing through Montana, Idaho, Utah and Arizona. Now I know Idaho and Utah are OK with my Wa CC permit, I ain't sure about what I'm supposed to do in Montana or Arizona.

Can anyone enlighten me?
    thanks!

Edit -
    I been doin’ some reading. Is it true that my wife can carry a gun in her purse in Montana without a permit?

I gather I can carry openly well enough but heck, it’s kinda chilly out right now!

Do I have to leave my coat in the car when I stop fer gas or food?
    And I’m OK to have a pistol in my car, on my belt? What if my coat covers it? Do I gotta state that I'm heeled if I'm pulled over?
    Last edited by EtdBob; 01-30-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Both Montana and Arizona honor Washington state's CPL.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Your good in Montana, the WA cpl is recognized.

No requirement to notify and concealed is only wearing apparel, glove boxes and such are not considered concealed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 01-30-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by EtdBob View Post
    Gonna be driving down to the Grand Canyon in February for a backpacking trip.

I'll be passing through Montana, Idaho, Utah and Arizona. Now I know Idaho and Utah are OK with my Wa CC permit, I ain't sure about what I'm supposed to do in Montana or Arizona.

Can anyone enlighten me?
    thanks!

Edit -
    I been doiní some reading. Is it true that my wife can carry a gun in her purse in Montana without a permit?

I gather I can carry openly well enough but heck, itís kinda chilly out right now!

Do I have to leave my coat in the car when I stop fer gas or food?
    And Iím OK to have a pistol in my car, on my belt? What if my coat covers it? Do I gotta state that I'm heeled if I'm pulled over?
    A little advice watch out for the Japanese tourists at the Grand Canyon they will take a million pictures of you and your firearm.

Seriously do not carry into any building at the Grand Canyon and you will be just fine.

No permit is required in Arizona to carry as you see fit glove box, holstered, on the dash, concealed, open, OC is common I see someone every week in Arizona. I live here in the winter BTW.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

What Jeff said--Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state! Carry on, as you please. [But avoid the nasty Federal facilities...]
    Last edited by kparker; 01-31-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks for the replies folks.
    Duh, I checked to see which states Wa had reciprocity with, but didn't check the states I will be driving through.

As far as in the park itself, I understand that it is now legal to carry in national parks, as long as one complies with the rules of the state the park is in. I didn't think I'd have a problem with carrying inside the buildings at the Canyon! What, they treated like post offices or something? That's stupid.

Heh, as much as I'd enjoy showing off a nice .44 thumbuster on a cowboy belt to the tourists, that's just to much weight to haul down and back up that canyon. I'm considering leaving my usual hogleg in the car and taking just a small little toy with me on the hike. Possibly just my wifes Kel tec P32 ( 9.8 ounces with eight silvertips ) or a Glock 26 ( haven't weighed it yet ).

ALL federal buildings are treated that way (post offices are actually a bit of a separate matter, and the ban on carry there originates from a different part of the UCS iirc.) There is, I think, an exception for bathroom facilities, as long as those are separately accessible, but I'm too lazy at the moment to do the research to confirm that--consider this just a useful pointer.

you can also check here and they provide links for more information...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/