• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like AZ LEOs went to the same training as METRO.

Maverick9

Although this:
You have multiple police officers on the scene and only one person makes the shot. That tells me that other officers at the scene did not feel there was justification to use deadly physical force,” said Torrez.

and

Seconds later, the video shows Longoria turn his back on the deputies and raise both hands into the air, high over his head. One second later, a lone deputy fired two shots, killing Longoria.

It takes almost a SUPERHUMAN effort for officers involved in a chase so hyped up on adrenaline that they can barely resist doing violent actions to do the calm, professional, actions which protect the subject and present him for a trial.

There needs to be protocol put in place so that the final 'takedown' is done by uninvolved officers, not adrenalinized, and the chase team needs BY POLICY, and STRONGLY ENFORCED PROCEDURE, to stand down.

THIS, my friends is 'FOR OFFICER SAFETY'. Otherwise, LEOs go to jail and it's not their fault, they have been put into a highly charged situation, and humans, like attack dogs, go into pack mode, into mob-mode.

Why all PDs don't recognize this and MANDATE it I don't understand. Are their superiors STUPID or do they really like getting their men charged with murder?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Why all PDs don't recognize this and MANDATE it I don't understand. Are their superiors STUPID or do they really like getting their men charged with murder?

This is the relevant part:
article said:
...the video shows...

Cops have been killing surrendering people for decades. But getting caught doing it is a relatively new phenomenon, so only now does the training need to be done. It takes time.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

In Short, The adrenaline nonsense "we cannot help but kill innocent people because of the situation we put ourselves in" Is a justification for murder. Non violent people do not sign up to be mercenary's for the State. If it is immoral for me to shoot and kill a home invader that puts his hands in the air and gives up, Then the act of shooting out of aggression, is immoral period. Just doing your "job" is never going to erase the fact that this human shot another out of aggression.