Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: West Kentucky meetups??

  1. #1
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129

    Question West Kentucky meetups??

    I'm still new to this forum and to open carry. I've only lived in Kentucky for a year and a half now and still learning my way around. Thank God for the map on my smart phone. Anyway, I've noticed that there's open carry meetups in eastern Kentucky, is there ever any oc meetups here in western Kentucky? I'm in Marshall county not to far from the LBL. I would like to attend some of them and meet like minded people, and to boost my confidence in open carrying.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

  2. #2
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    I'm still new to this forum and to open carry. I've only lived in Kentucky for a year and a half now and still learning my way around. Thank God for the map on my smart phone. Anyway, I've noticed that there's open carry meetups in eastern Kentucky, is there ever any oc meetups here in western Kentucky? I'm in Marshall county not to far from the LBL. I would like to attend some of them and meet like minded people, and to boost my confidence in open carrying.
    It is best to post a time and place.

    People will either go or not.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Build it and they will come.

    Post it with place, date and time, then ask for a stickie.

    Face time with people, getting to know them on a more personal basis is far better than the impersonal relationship we have here. Even if only one other person, it should be deemed a success - sharing stories and experiences the time will fly by.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129
    I was sort of hoping that those on this end of the state has already had get togethers before. I don't know the area well enough to be able to come up with a good place to hold a rendezvous of any kind at this time. But, I do like the idea, and I'll keep it in mind. Maybe with some help from those in this area, together we can come up with something.
    Last edited by Chief Ten Beers; 01-31-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

  5. #5
    Regular Member outlaw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    18

    Howdy.

    Hi I am new to the forum and I'm from Western Ky. Thought this would be the best place to make a first post.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129
    Hey there outlaw13, I'm waving a hand from the Benton area. Where are you at?
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

  7. #7
    Regular Member outlaw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    Hey there outlaw13, I'm waving a hand from the Benton area. Where are you at?
    Owensboro here. glad to meet ya

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw13 View Post
    Hi I am new to the forum and I'm from Western Ky. Thought this would be the best place to make a first post.
    La Center, KY (Ballard Co), Welcome, good to see another one from our area.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129
    Looks like there just might be enough people on here to get an open carry rendezvous sometime this year. Any ideas for a good central location? Maybe with attractions, good eating places, a shooting range? I'm still new in Kentucky, less than two years, so I'm not familiar with all that's around here. But I would be willing to find and attend an open carry rendezvous.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

  10. #10
    Regular Member outlaw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by earnhrt79 View Post
    La Center, KY (Ballard Co), Welcome, good to see another one from our area.
    Glad to meet ya

  11. #11
    Regular Member outlaw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    Looks like there just might be enough people on here to get an open carry rendezvous sometime this year. Any ideas for a good central location? Maybe with attractions, good eating places, a shooting range? I'm still new in Kentucky, less than two years, so I'm not familiar with all that's around here. But I would be willing to find and attend an open carry rendezvous.
    Ill have to put some thought into it but a western Ky meet up sounds great. my contact ( and yes i guess im crazy for posting it but oh well) is (270) 302-4182 feel free to get a hold of me if i can help do anything for the meet up. and of course that goes for anyone else in here

  12. #12
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw13 View Post
    Ill have to put some thought into it but a western Ky meet up sounds great. my contact ( and yes i guess im crazy for posting it but oh well) is (270) 302-4182 feel free to get a hold of me if i can help do anything for the meet up. and of course that goes for anyone else in here
    I'll make note of it and see what I can do. I don't know the area good enough to suggest a place, so I'm open for suggestions.
    Last edited by Chief Ten Beers; 03-24-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    I'll make note of it and see what I can do. I don't know the area good enough to suggest a place, so I'm open for suggestions.
    I'm I'm owensboro I'd be interested what exactly happens at a meet up? Group of OC's go out and eat to promote the 2nd ammendment? Either way I'm down I've never carried before but want to and I think I'd feel more comfortable going with a group of like minded folks to see how the flow goes and what to expect

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
    I'm I'm owensboro I'd be interested what exactly happens at a meet up? Group of OC's go out and eat to promote the 2nd ammendment? Either way I'm down I've never carried before but want to and I think I'd feel more comfortable going with a group of like minded folks to see how the flow goes and what to expect
    Good, honest, friendly pepole from all walks of life just getting together for a bit to eat - nothing spectacular.

    What do they talk about? Anything of common intertest

    Will say that an our of two of face-time is worth months of trying to get to know someone on-line.

    Try it - think you will enjoy.....we are good people who accept our responsibilty quietly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Good, honest, friendly pepole from all walks of life just getting together for a bit to eat - nothing spectacular.

    What do they talk about? Anything of common intertest

    Will say that an our of two of face-time is worth months of trying to get to know someone on-line.

    Try it - think you will enjoy.....we are good people who accept our responsibilty quietly.
    sounds like a good deal, I'm definitely interested if you all get a meet together post it ill be happy to go as long as I'm off from work and all

  16. #16
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129
    Well, there's a few of us on here that can do an oc meet-up somewhere between Owensboro and the LBL. Any ideas of a good place to rendezvous?
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •