Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another no-knock warrant served....

Another no-knock warrant served....

...or is it? But this time it's at YOUR home.

It's your family, that you have now, your home, as you have now, essentially it's you, NOW.

It's 02:30 and someone busts down your front door. They do not announce they are cops. They do not announce they are doing a no-knock search.

What are you gonna do?

Only after the event do you find out it's a no-knock warrant for your home. Drugs.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

They can take my wife my dogs, and...oh, thought you said 'dogs'.

I've pre-prepared a gift basket. My Walmart Aleve Liqui-gel©, hemorrhoid cream, Vaseline, you know the usual.

Not much else you can do, huh?

IMO, they should do a Wally World blue light special, and just get the usual discount.

Banned
    False dilemma. If there was a no-knock warrant in my home, it would have been a mistake. Maybe not the police, but somewhere, someone made a mistake.

At 2:30, I would not be able to react to the invasion until it was too late. By the time I could react, it would be clear that it was the police, and not someone who intended to rob me. I would be urging my household members to remain calm. I would ask to see the warrant to verify that my home was the correct target and to learn what they were looking for. (So, no, it would NOT be until after the even that I found out that it was a no-knock warrant or that it was for drugs.) I would call my lawyer.

Later in the morning, there would be hell to pay.

There is a valid use for no-knock warrants. Just not my home, because I know there is nothing going on that would make my home a valid use. After it was over, that would be time to sort out who screwed up and to seek legal redress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

No false dilema. In this scenario it happens, period.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Well,,,

IF!!! the door bursts in! and Black Ninjas are all yelling,,, something????

I WILL!!! be SHOOTING!!!

Like eye says, I know I dont have a house where Cops should need that kind of entry...
    But we differ in the why the when and the manner that we will stand up for our rights!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Well,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    False dilemma. If there was a no-knock warrant in my home, it would have been a mistake. Maybe not the police, but somewhere, someone made a mistake.

At 2:30, I would not be able to react to the invasion until it was too late. By the time I could react, it would be clear that it was the police, and not someone who intended to rob me. I would be urging my household members to remain calm. I would ask to see the warrant to verify that my home was the correct target and to learn what they were looking for. (So, no, it would NOT be until after the even that I found out that it was a no-knock warrant or that it was for drugs.) I would call my lawyer.

There is a valid use for no-knock warrants. Just not my home, because I know there is nothing going on that would make my home a valid use. After it was over, that would be time to sort out who screwed up and to seek legal redress.

<o>
    Here is the real False Dilemma!!!!

When it became too late to act,,, It could be the Cops,,,, but not with any degree of probability..
    OR!!! it could be,,, and Probably IS!!! the bad guys!!!

ask the bad guys for a warrant.... how does that work???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Well,,, and , more,,,,

<o>
    IF!!! you live long enough for you or your lawyer to SEE to warrant, and your son isnt dead and your wife isnt raped,
    you may be able to point out to the cops,,, cause by now you know that they really are cops,
    and not murders, rapists, robbers,,, you and your lawyer,
    can go to court and file a report,,
    you can point out that you're not a druggy,,, and your address is not 5801!!!! they came to the wrong house!!!

<o>
    Well said +1

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    ...or is it? But this time it's at YOUR home.

It's your family, that you have now, your home, as you have now, essentially it's you, NOW.

It's 02:30 and someone busts down your front door. They do not announce they are cops. They do not announce they are doing a no-knock search.

What are you gonna do?

Only after the event do you find out it's a no-knock warrant for your home. Drugs.
    Just for the record... the process for a no knock warrant is you don't knock or annoyance BEFORE you strike the door.

After the first strike you announce. Most doors (exterior) take a bit more then one swing (unless done perfectly) so its.... BANG... then you hear lots of yelling. And lots of flashlights etc.

Theres a HUGE misconception that we smash the door and just run in without saying a word.... not remotely. Completely false.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I see, it's so dangerous that you need to have a no knock warrant, but you then take your time doing it?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I see, it's so dangerous that you need to have a no knock warrant, but you then take your time doing it?
    What? Can you quite where I said that?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Just for the record... the process for a no knock warrant is you don't knock or annoyance BEFORE you strike the door.

After the first strike you announce. Most doors (exterior) take a bit more then one swing (unless done perfectly) so its.... BANG... then you hear lots of yelling. And lots of flashlights etc.

Theres a HUGE misconception that we smash the door and just run in without saying a word.... not remotely. Completely false.

That might be proper procedure, but that isn't always the way in which they are performed.

----------------------------------------

I'm thinking of getting a nicely made sign of the 4th amendment to post on my door.
    Advocate freedom please

Welly,,,,k Wow,,judtWoewie ,,, Wow.....

Thw whole poont of a NO KNOCK warrant is that ,,,,,
    The folks in the house wont know it is the REAL Cops,,, untill it is too late!!!!

My dogs will let me know as soon as they enter the property. If they do not articulate both they have a warrant, and they are police some of them will get shot. There is no valid use for no knock warrants if there was the police could enter on exigent circumstances, which is the only time violently entering a home is acceptable. If the police have time to get a warrant they have time to arrest the person when they are not in the house. Or their children are in school.

No knock warrants are a assault on America, plain and simple. Those doing them should suffer consequences, either shot or imprisoned. They know better, a unlawful order/warrant is still a unlawful act.

Keep in mind also that they are not new, the Nazi Gestapos were doing them before most of us were born. Apparently we did not learn anything from the horrors of the Nazis.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-01-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

I misread what you wrote it appeared to me like it was a more drawn out process than smash and run in.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    No false dilema. In this scenario it happens, period.
    It is the dilemma that is false, not the scenario.

<o>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    IF!!! the door bursts in! and Black Ninjas are all yelling,,, something????

I WILL!!! be SHOOTING!!!

Like eye says, I know I dont have a house where Cops should need that kind of entry...
    But we differ in the why the when and the manner that we will stand up for our rights!!!
    At 2:30 in the morning, you won't be able to react in the way you describe. They will already have such an upper hand that, if you tried, you'd likely be dead before you got a shot off.

<o>

Banned
    Thw whole poont of a NO KNOCK warrant is that ,,,,,
    The folks in the house wont know it is the REAL Cops,,, untill it is too late!!!!
    That is not the point. I may be the effect, but it is not the point of the no-knock warramnt.

<o>

That is not the point. I may be the effect, but it is not the point of the no-knock warramnt.

<o>
    Good correction.

LOL

So many naive assumptions.

1. "By the time I could react, it would be clear that it was the police, and not someone who intended to rob me."

And yet, there are numerous examples where it has come to pass in precisely the opposite fashion. eye95 is overly confident on this point. I suspect either he believes his judgment to be infallible, or secretly believes that there really are never any mistaken no-knock raids, and that even those who have escaped such a raid without subsequent prosecution are still latent criminals who probably deserved – if not directly caused – the invasion & killing of their dog, etc.

2. eye95 believes that his request to see the warrant will be honored. There are numerous examples of cops executing no-knock or short-knock raids refusing to show the warrant until well after they've already trashed the house and its occupants.

3. Because no-knock warrens have a valid use, but not in his home, the officer friendlies who kicked down his door will immediately recognize this and fail to do him, his family, or his pets any serious harm.

Remember what I said about denial? There you have it, folks: unambiguous denial.
    Last edited by marshaul; 02-01-2014 at 12:12 PM.

I don't care who you are or claim to be - come into my home uninvited and you'll be shot. Period

<o>
    So, even though your have guns, you feel you are unable to defend yourself if at 2:30 in the morning?

Banned

At 2:30, I would not be able to react to the invasion until it was too late.
    <o>
    Eye if think you could not respond then you need to re-examine the security in your dwelling; it is lacking.

Our army is almost a night-time attack group ... why? Because they prey on enemies that are not prepared for their activities in the dark.

When one is prepared for a night-time assault the advantage is always with the person on defense.

One should have a thermal or night scoped large caliber semi-auto or fully auto rifle handy for such an occurrence.

One can put up sensors, etc to give earlier warning than just that nice knock on the door.

Once should assume that intruders are likely to intrude at night; they think that they have an advantage. They usually do but not against the occupants of a dwelling who have prepared for such an event.

Preparation & practice ... why practice with your marksmanship and not situational practice. After all, marksmanship is low on the list of preparation when it comes to a home invasion.

Banned
    At 2:30 in the morning, you won't be able to react in the way you describe. They will already have such an upper hand that, if you tried, you'd likely be dead before you got a shot off.

<o>
    One can have a 3000 lb anvil that can be released and squish them in the entryway. No bullets, no cost (just have to pull it back up). Wake up, push button, squish.

Just one of many types of defenses on can have.

IF!!! you live long enough for you or your lawyer to SEE to warrant, and your son isnt dead and your wife isnt raped,
    you may be able to point out to the cops,,, cause by now you know that they really are cops,
    and not murders, rapists, robbers
    ,,, you and your lawyer,
    can go to court and file a report,,
    you can point out that you're not a druggy,,, and your address is not 5801!!!! they came to the wrong house!!!
    Explain the current difference to me, please?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast