Thread: Rand is pushing for our 2nd Amendment Rights to carry on USPS property.

Rand is pushing for our 2nd Amendment Rights to carry on USPS property.

Just received this:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...office-packing

It's a good first step in defense of our Second Amendment Rights. We need to additionally get the Army CoE GFZ's removed as well! While the Business Week article is pretty much a slam at Sen. Paul, it is at least proof that he is trying to do well by those of us in Kentucky and nationwide that strong believe in and whole-heartedly support the 2nd Amendment.
    Last edited by neuroblades; 02-01-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Senator Rand Paul will offer an amendment, in committee, to the Postal Reform Act

Hasn't happened yet

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...3:SN01486:@@@X

http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=home

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...g-carry-in-P-O

http://www.gunowners.org/alert1282014.htm
    But the good news is this: On Wednesday, January 29, Senator Rand Paul will offer an amendment, in committee, to the Postal Reform Act (S. 1486).
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Why not have all federal property respect state and local laws, like many other business. He like most politicians is pushing for a privilege(licensed) instead of a right. I don't trust any politician, especially those that claim to be our friends.

ETA: Licensed carry is not second amendment right, it is a privilege.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-01-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Why not have all federal property respect state and local laws, like many other business. He like most politicians is pushing for a privilege(licensed) instead of a right. I don't trust any politician, especially those that claim to be our friends.

PAUL has not rushed into a post office with a gun on his hip, has he?

+1 for WW post ... I don't trust any politician who just runs his mouth -- all talk, no action.

I think his father should explain the 2A facts of life to him. As I understand, or so I have heard that his father supports unlicensed open carry.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Did anyone read any official text that said you would have to have a license to carry into a post office, or was that just the news article posted in the OP?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Regular Member LEX_XDM40compact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    PAUL has not rushed into a post office with a gun on his hip, has he?

+1 for WW post ... I don't trust any politician who just runs his mouth -- all talk, no action.
    I think his father should explain the 2A facts of life to him. As I understand, or so I have heard that his father supports unlicensed open carry.
    Lol. Sure but as a "politician" and to be just that you have to make choice words. I do not think any modern politician ( I could be wrong) has ever simply said " Anyone should be able to carry a gun xxxxxx"

Reason being that would look into a public and "political" eye as ANYONE felons etc should be able to carry a gun.. By making PUBLIC words like " Licensed" gun owners generally APPEALS well to others and the mass population as a civil law abiding citizen should be able to do this and that.. meaning open carry would be allowed as I didn't read anything said about concealed, and being apart of the great state of Kentucky Rand is apart of you are allowed to open carry without said licences or permit.

Thats my take on the article and what his reasons are.
    Last edited by LEX_XDM40compact; 02-02-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEX_XDM40compact View Post
    Lol. Sure but as a "politician" and to be just that you have to make choice words. I do not think any modern politician ( I could be wrong) has ever simply said " Anyone should be able to carry a gun xxxxxx"

Reason being that would look into a public and "political" eye as ANYONE felons etc should be able to carry a gun.. By making PUBLIC words like " Licensed" gun owners generally APPEALS well to others and the mass population as a civil law abiding citizen should be able to do this and that.. meaning open carry would be allowed as I didn't read anything said about concealed, and being apart of the great state of Kentucky Rand is apart of you are allowed to open carry without said licences or permit.

Appealing to the "mass" is how our rights got infringed in the first place. The road to gun confiscation is paved with compromise.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Kentucky has had unlicensed OC since we began back on June 1st, 1792. Unfortunately, CC is still licensed. :-(
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Did anyone read any official text that said you would have to have a license to carry into a post office, or was that just the news article posted in the OP?
    There was no reference to license being required by the gun owner according to the article. If there has been any reference to that end, then it would be with the error on the papers part as some state's require licensing to OC.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Thumbs up

Precisely!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

The Washington Post’s Lisa Rein reports that Paul’s “gun rights amendment would allow licensed gun owners to carry weapons inside post offices, rather than having to unholster them and keep them in the car.”

Until Paul clarifies the report and his bill it looks like it is for licensed only, nothing about open carry is mentioned or that it would be a law specific to Kentucky.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Appealing to the "mass" is how our rights got infringed in the first place. The road to gun confiscation is paved with compromise.

+1000

Rights belong to the individual.
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Until Paul clarifies the report and his bill it looks like it is for licensed only, nothing about open carry is mentioned or that it would be a law specific to Kentucky.
    It looks like that because a reporter, who clearly isn't a "gun person", wrote it that way?

I would say that MOST people don't know that in most of the country you can carry a firearm without a license. This is probably where the mistake is, if there is one.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    It looks like that because a reporter, who clearly isn't a "gun person", wrote it that way?

I would say that MOST people don't know that in most of the country you can carry a firearm without a license. This is probably where the mistake is, if there is one.
    Then Rand needs to SPEAK UP! If he does not, I will take the reporter at their word. Because if RP is as liberty conscience as he claims he would make it clear ASAP.

IMO all politicians are the same. Some just cater to different groups, but they all have the same mindset.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Some presidential candidates have said that there should be NO gun laws. Libertarian of course. Mr. Johnson, last election.

That's who I voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Some presidential candidates have said that there should be NO gun laws. Libertarian of course. Mr. Johnson, last election.

That's who I voted for.
    Did Johnson do anything as a governor to promote unlicensed open carry in business that sells alcohol? In fact the bill he signed if I recall was for????????? Licensed carry!

He was just a politician with a forked tongue just like the rest of them.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

His dad represented Texas if I am not mistaken. Where is Texas on the 2A?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    His dad represented Texas if I am not mistaken. Where is Texas on the 2A?
    He represented Texas as a US congressman, he had no way to shape Texas law. Same position Rand is in as to Kentucky law.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

He represented Texas as a US congressman, he had no way to shape Texas law. Same position Rand is in as to Kentucky law.
    Ron Paul was Congressman for towns now part of southwest of Houston - Rosenburg and Sugarland, home of Imperial Pure Cane Sugar.

I'll be going to a BBQ for local tea party Texas Senate candidate Don Huffines this Friday. Rand Paul w/b there so I'll ask him at the pre-party on the thrust of his bill for OC, LC, CC on federal postal (owned and leased) property, as well as public spaces in federal buildings too.

I like Rand's approach to the Federal budget - don't know if you've seen his 12 page federal budget bill - pretty straightforward in cutting $500 billion a year in spending - eliminates those agencies performing functions not authorized by the US Constitution - ones Tx Gov Rick Perry couldn't name - EPA, IRS, Education, Energy, etc. I sure do like this approach better than the smart budget-boy weasel Paul 'Legalize Aliens' Ryan.

http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=issue&id=8
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651