Thread: OC'd into Bass Pro in Denham Springs today - Great experience.

OC'd into Bass Pro in Denham Springs today - Great experience.

I have a Smith & Wesson SD40 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
    I was wearing blue jeans, a blue flannel long sleeve, and an SK Tools cap.
    My first time actually OC'ing into a business as a civilian. Walked in and the greeter (old man that I always see when I go shoot) looked at me and said "Good evening." I replied politely. He then glanced down at my firearm, looked back up and said "Have a great day, sir." And I carried on about my business. Not even a glance from anyone else, from what I could tell. Looked around for about 30 minutes (looking for a spare magazine, they didn't have), then left.
    Overall, I can't complain. I guess the Bass Pro staff has been educated on the open carry laws around here.

Quote Originally Posted by benandersonn View Post
    I have a Smith & Wesson SD40 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
    I was wearing blue jeans, a blue flannel long sleeve, and an SK Tools cap.
    My first time actually OC'ing into a business as a civilian. Walked in and the greeter (old man that I always see when I go shoot) looked at me and said "Good evening." I replied politely. He then glanced down at my firearm, looked back up and said "Have a great day, sir." And I carried on about my business. Not even a glance from anyone else, from what I could tell. Looked around for about 30 minutes (looking for a spare magazine, they didn't have), then left.
    Overall, I can't complain. I guess the Bass Pro staff has been educated on the open carry laws around here.
    Glad it went well for you. I always OC there and have always had a good experience. Once I was just looking around upstairs near the range when the overseer of the range said, "Hey as long as you have your pistol why not practice some". He made some money off me that day LOL

I guess the Bass Pro staff has been educated on the open carry laws around here.
    Yep, there have been a few minor problems early on but we made sure the managers trained the staff on the policy and those things rarely happen anymore.
    I go to that Bass Pro fairly often and spent some time in the range too. I'm considering getting an annual membership to the range instead of paying for each trip. I will certainly save money in the long run.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org