• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd into Bass Pro in Denham Springs today - Great experience.

benandersonn

I have a Smith & Wesson SD40 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
I was wearing blue jeans, a blue flannel long sleeve, and an SK Tools cap.
My first time actually OC'ing into a business as a civilian. Walked in and the greeter (old man that I always see when I go shoot) looked at me and said "Good evening." I replied politely. He then glanced down at my firearm, looked back up and said "Have a great day, sir." And I carried on about my business. Not even a glance from anyone else, from what I could tell. Looked around for about 30 minutes (looking for a spare magazine, they didn't have), then left.
Overall, I can't complain. I guess the Bass Pro staff has been educated on the open carry laws around here.

Steelhorse

I have a Smith & Wesson SD40 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
I was wearing blue jeans, a blue flannel long sleeve, and an SK Tools cap.
My first time actually OC'ing into a business as a civilian. Walked in and the greeter (old man that I always see when I go shoot) looked at me and said "Good evening." I replied politely. He then glanced down at my firearm, looked back up and said "Have a great day, sir." And I carried on about my business. Not even a glance from anyone else, from what I could tell. Looked around for about 30 minutes (looking for a spare magazine, they didn't have), then left.
Overall, I can't complain. I guess the Bass Pro staff has been educated on the open carry laws around here.

Glad it went well for you. I always OC there and have always had a good experience. Once I was just looking around upstairs near the range when the overseer of the range said, "Hey as long as you have your pistol why not practice some". He made some money off me that day LOL

sraacke

I guess the Bass Pro staff has been educated on the open carry laws around here.
Yep, there have been a few minor problems early on but we made sure the managers trained the staff on the policy and those things rarely happen anymore.
I go to that Bass Pro fairly often and spent some time in the range too. I'm considering getting an annual membership to the range instead of paying for each trip. I will certainly save money in the long run.