Thread: Law enforcement recognizes that gun-free zones leave shooting victims defensless

Law enforcement recognizes that gun-free zones leave shooting victims defensless

"Tuesday night, President Obama vowed to “help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters and our shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.” But before he continues pushing his typical gun-control agenda, he should consider what law enforcement in Europe and the United States advise. It might surprise him.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...ba3_story.html

In November, Interpol’s secretary general, Ron Noble, noted there are two ways to protect people from such mass shootings: “One is to say we want an armed citizenry; you can see the reason for that. Another is to say the enclaves [should be] so secure that in order to get into the soft target you’re going to have to pass through extraordinary security.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/exclus...ry?id=20637341

The vast majority of mass shootings in the U.S. have been extensively planned beforehand — often many months or even years in advance, allowing the perpetrators to find unprotected targets and obtain weapons. Take Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook Elementary School killer, who spent over two years studying everything about previous mass shootings: the weapons used, the number of people killed, and even how much media coverage each shooting received. Police described the 7-by-4-foot spreadsheet as sickeningly thorough, even likening his careful study to a doctoral dissertation.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1291408

Finally, consider the advice from PoliceOne, whose 450,000 members make it the largest private organization of active and retired law-enforcement officers in the U.S. It surveyed its members last March and asked, “What would help most in preventing large scale shootings in public?” Their No. 1 answer: “More permissive concealed carry policies for civilians.” (It was followed by “More aggressive institutionalization for mentally ill persons.”)
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...john-r-lott-jr
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-02-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

considering the MSM interviews mainly anti gun Police chiefs to push their agenda in this country one was lead to believe that Most LEOs where antigun.

It truth most rank and file Leos are pro gun but that story was and still is very hard to get out.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

A lot of LEO's are pro gun and will say they think citizens should be armed. But only concealed, not many will accept OC

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    A lot of LEO's are pro gun and will say they think citizens should be armed. But only concealed, not many will accept OC
    They do here in Virginia.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    And many support background checks, restrictions on carry, restrictions on how they look, etc....look at who help lobby for many of these new rules.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Even the cops recognize that there is power in being known to have the means of deadly force. The significance of such a 'power display' is hard to deny.

"I can show my fangs, but you, commoner, have to keep yours properly out of sight lest you offend me."

LE support permissive carry. LE in those "free-er" states know that hassling a citizen who is complying with the law is a law suit waiting to happen. Some LEAs may view the law suit as nothing more than the cost of doing business and thus not overly concerned. This is evident from the fact(s) that offending cops are never fired for their constitutional transgressions. One time and then gone, not "as long as it don't cost too much" then no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    LE support permissive carry. LE in those "free-er" states know that hassling a citizen who is complying with the law is a law suit waiting to happen. Some LEAs may view the law suit as nothing more than the cost of doing business and thus not overly concerned. This is evident from the fact(s) that offending cops are never fired for their constitutional transgressions. One time and then gone, not "as long as it don't cost too much" then no harm no foul.
    I highly disagree, ONE TIME and they are arrested~tried~and incarcerated. Illegal buffoonery should not be tolerated by anybody. Whether they have a badge or not. Start putting them in prison on the first offense and this garbage will stop.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I highly disagree, ONE TIME and they are arrested~tried~and incarcerated. Illegal buffoonery should not be tolerated by anybody. Whether they have a badge or not. Start putting them in prison on the first offense and this garbage will stop.
    Should be two parts to that: Yes, put them in prison, but also make them personally liable for those offenses. As it is now, the taxpayer is the party that has to pay for the illegal buffoonery.

I am also very much in favor of abolishing the police "unions" who seem to get the bad cops rehired on a regular basis.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Should be two parts to that: Yes, put them in prison, but also make them personally liable for those offenses. As it is now, the taxpayer is the party that has to pay for the illegal buffoonery.

I am also very much in favor of abolishing the police "unions" who seem to get the bad cops rehired on a regular basis.

Police unions that defend bad police should have RICO charges brought against them.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by PavePusher View Post
    Police unions that defend bad police should have RICO charges brought against them.
    And yep.

Gentlemen, good thoughts. It's long been high time that the policing agencies across the country are taught a lesson in who is really their boss. It's We the People.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Yep.

Yep.

And yep.

Gentlemen, good thoughts. It's long been high time that the policing agencies across the country are taught a lesson in who is really their boss. It's We the People.
    Yep.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I'll start with immediate termination, far easier in my view, other than the fact that LEA top cops are loath to mix it up with those thug cop unions.

Any criminal and/or civil proceedings are exclusive of employment termination and can be pursued. Sympathetic juries exist, but termination of employment for a one time offense sends a very powerful message to the rank and file. Being terminated will clearly inform the a potential jury that the LEA will not tolerate professional police officers violating the rights of the citizenry. A cop should think individual liberty first and then how his act(s) affect individual liberty.

Mistakes are made, but where rights are concerned the standard to meet must be zero mistakes. LE would be well advised to focus on individual liberty and not on LE.