Thread: question about poster signs.

question about poster signs.

I'm out OC today in the Gulfport area. I am noticing signs on a lot of places that say no unlicensed firearms. What exactly is this implying, can I only conceal while there or must you have a concealed license to open carry.
    I have several conceal carrying licenses that are recognized by Mississippi.

So far today nobody's said anything and not even a strange look.

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    I'm out OC today in the Gulfport area. I am noticing signs on a lot of places that say no unlicensed firearms. What exactly is this implying, can I only conceal while there or must you have a concealed license to open carry.
    I have several conceal carrying licenses that are recognized by Mississippi.

So far today nobody's said anything and not even a strange look.
    In Ms you can neither license or un-license a firearm. Even a concealed license does NOT license the firearm. I've seen one of those signs before... made me laugh. Its a nonsensical requirement. Ignorance can be funny sometimes.

Just making sure I wasn't breaking any laws. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I've never heard of "licensing" a firearm in Mississippi. The only thing I could think of is registering a NFA weapon such as a full auto rifle with the local authorities. I'm not sure that is even required. I think I read that on the web years ago (you know how reliable the internet is).