Thread: carrying a shotgun over shoulder with sling?

carrying a shotgun over shoulder with sling?

i don't have a handgun and can't get one anytime soon. my wife wants to start walking on warmer days near our home. we will be walking up and down the road near our home in monroe county. we live in a rural area called bugtussle, what is the law on carrying a shotgun over the shoulder with a sling? i don't feel safe going out unarmed, i'll be using a 12 gauge protector 18inch barrel. thanks

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Answering the question is the limit we will allow on this thread regarding carry of long guns.

• (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

See Forum Rules.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

In Kentucky, if you can legally carry a firearm then you can legally carry a firearm.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Carry on...
    pun intended.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine