Thread: Detroit police chief: Armed citizens can make city safer. It could lead to vigilantis

Detroit police chief: Armed citizens can make city safer. It could lead to vigilantis

"Craig said he started believing that legal gun owners can deter crime when he became police chief in Portland, Maine, in 2009. Coming from California (Craig was on the Los Angeles police force for 28 years), where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...RO01/301030038

“It could lead to vigilantism,” Detroit resident Sandra Hines said Thursday during a Detroit Board of Police Commissioners meeting. “We already have the open-carry law here, and we have the stand-your-ground law. We don’t need anybody encouraging citizens (to carry guns).”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...an-make-city-/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Did the police chief say that or the citizen of Detroit say that? It looks like the chief says he believes it deters crime.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Sandra is the typical kind of Detroit resident that worries about nothing other than her own comfort and screw everybody's rights but her own. Then she's the first to cry when she gets: raped, mugged, etc..."where were the police at? They let me down!" Boo hoo. I lived with those types for decades - the residents of Detroit are often their own worst enemies IMHO.

She is also mistaken in saying MI has a "open carry law". It does not, only the right to keep and bear arms stated in Article 1, section 6 of the MI state constitution. People often think that legal things must be codified in law....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

LOL No danger. I'm sure her comrades will defend her honor.

http://www.workers.org/2008/us/Sandra-Hines.jpg
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-02-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL No danger. I'm sure her comrades will defend her honor.

http://www.workers.org/2008/us/Sandra-Hines.jpg
    403 Permission Denied

You do not have permission for this request /2008/us/Sandra-Hines.jpg
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in anything she says. Again she is a professional victim IMHO. Nothing is ever her fault, and she cannot go longer than 90 seconds without mentioning her race. Like I said she is of the typical Detroit mind set. I wish her all the "luck" in the world. She's going to need it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVn00eR1sQ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Google translate

translate from politician

“coming from california (craig was on the los angeles police force for 28 years), where it takes an act of congress to get a concealed weapon permit, i got to maine, where they give out lots of ccws (carrying concealed weapon permits), and i had a stack of ccw permits i was denying; that was my orientation.

“i changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in america. Clearly, suspects knew that good americans were armed.”
    translate to: english (american)

i announce my intention to run for congress following the end of my tenure at this job....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Here you go grapeshot. Notice she is wearing a Beton Harbor T-shirt. Or as those who are from MI often call "mini-Detroit on lake MI" ETA this photo is from 2008. Time has not been kind to Ms. Hines. Maybe it's all those long sleepless nights of worrying about gangs of vigilante citizens taking the law into their own hands in Detroit....

Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-02-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Snip from above post about Detroit's new chief Mr. Craig.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Google translate

translate from politician

translate to: english (american)
    I have to say - I think you are spot on in this analysis. +1
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-02-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Here you go grapeshot. Notice she is wearing a Beton Harbor T-shirt. Or as those who are from MI often call "mini-Detroit on lake MI" ETA this photo is from 2008. Time has not been kind to Ms. Hines. Maybe it's all those long sleepless nights of worrying about gangs of vigilante citizens taking the law into their own hands in Detroit....

Don't you mean Benton Harlem?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in anything she says. Again she is a professional victim IMHO. Nothing is ever her fault, and she cannot go longer than 90 seconds without mentioning her race. Like I said she is of the typical Detroit mind set. I wish her all the "luck" in the world. She's going to need it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVn00eR1sQ
    House in the family for 39 yrs .. can't pay off a loan in 39 yrs? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Don't you mean Benton Harlem?
    Forgot about that one... +1