• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The only good purpose for drones - shot down by FAA - 4 beer delivery

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/tech/innovation/beer-drone-faa/index.html

Local brewery Lakemaid was testing a new drone delivery system to airlift frosty cases of beer to fishermen holed up in ice shacks on Mille Lacs Lake. After spotting a Lakemaid YouTube video that went up last week of one of the unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) on a test run, the Federal Aviation Administration contacted Lakemaid and told the company to stop.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Beer and pizza delivery. Can't wait!

I have not seen the letter so .. wondering what authority they are saying grants them the power to demand a shutdown of deliveries.

The use of drones is a novel concept ... hence, my posting here. Oddly enough, the courts have ruled that a fly-over of your property is not a search that requires a warrant.