• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone know why Ed P. has hearings before the FOIC today (2/3/14)?

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.ct.gov/foi/cwp/view.asp?a=4282&Q=538784

FIC 2013-422 Edward Peruta v. Reuben Bradford, Commissioner, State of Connecticut, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection; and State of Connecticut, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
FIC 2013-423 Edward Peruta v. Reuben Bradford, Commissioner, State of Connecticut, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection; and State of Connecticut, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection

I have like 1/2 dozen waiting against DESPP ... some they would not move forward with a verbal request to inspect (which is a good FOIA request) because they demanded it to be in writing. Amazing agency.

Here's a section of an email I got on the 21st of Jan about them taking 4 1/2 months to give me their excel file of the FOIA requests they received for a 1 yr time period that I complained about promptness:

Regarding promptness, the agency received 1,050 FOIA requests in 2013 at the same time that the Legal Affairs Unit was called upon to provide extensive legal services to approximately 1,600 employees. I would submit that 4.5 months is not excessive for our department, unfortunately. (Ainsworth)

Wondering what records he is seeking...

I see that they are hearing 2013-400's now ... seems like they are pushing back my cases .. I have about 7 in the 200's pending .. or they'll decide not to hear..maybe awaiting the outcome of the court case.

Last edited: