• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cops decides to film law abiding man

WalkingWolf

This guy needs to get a ******* job... LEO's need to be filmed, but not by bitchy antagonists like this guy. Just asking for trouble.

Not all police are bad, but the bad ones will use the antics of a lunatic to justify their corrosive behavior. The person in that video is exactly what police put up as a excuse for officer safety.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
From Wikipedia:

"Police perjury (or testilying in United States police slang) is the act of a police officer giving false testimony. It is typically used in a criminal trial to "make the case" against a defendant who the police believe to be guilty when minor irregularities during the suspect's arrest or search threaten to result in acquittal on a technicality. It has broader meanings. It also can be extended further to encompass substantive misstatements of fact for the purpose of convicting those whom the police believe to be guilty, or even to include statements to frame an innocent citizen."
(Bold emphasis by Citizen)

Musta been a cop or statist that wrote that.

Those "technicalities" are rights!

Let's read that again: "...minor irregularities during the suspect's arrest or search..result in aquittal on a technicality".

Now, lets put it into correct English. "...violations of a person's rights properly resulting in a court throwing out the case because the court will not be an accessory to the violations."

Notice the other affront to the tens of thousands who bled and paid across seven centuries for our rights: "minor irregularities". Violating someone's rights is a "minor irregularity"? Hogwash!!

Supermoderator Mike pointed it out early in the forum's history. When police fail to observe rights carefully, resulting in a criminal evading justice, it is the fault of the police, not the judge. Its the police who let him go. So, with respect to the wikipedia quote, what's really being said is that police are lying to cover up their own mistakes. Nothing more. Nothing so heroic as nobley sacrificing their integrity to ensure a dangerous person is removed from society. Not even anything as altruistic as telling a lie for the greater good. Plain and simple--the liars are lying to cover up their mistakes.

Last edited:

onus

This guy needs to get a ******* job... LEO's need to be filmed, but not by bitchy antagonists like this guy. Just asking for trouble.

So only people with jobs should film the police ?

Unfortunately that would disqualify about 152 million Americans right now.

The police appreciate your view point.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Saying cops lie on the stand and in their reports is bashing is ignorance or a purposeful misdirection of what is definitely not an isolated incident.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/181241.pdf The DOJ even acknowledges this.

Ouch! My head hurts trying to understand that first sentence. Can you clean that up just a little. I got something to say along those lines, but I'm not sure whether you already said it, or whether I'll be expanding on your point. :)

sudden valley gunner

Ouch! My head hurts trying to understand that first sentence. Can you clean that up just a little. I got something to say along those lines, but I'm not sure whether you already said it, or whether I'll be expanding on your point. :)

Will, do was referring to a line from primus, maybe that is where the confusion comes from....:lol:

Primus

Saying cops lie on the stand and in their reports amounts to "bashing" is a statement of ignorance or a purposeful misdirection of what is definitely not an isolated incident (testilying is definitely not an isolated incident).

The DOJ even acknowledges this.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/181241.pdf

Please don't get me wrong I wasn't implying officers don't lie nor that it is an uncommon thing.

I was solely referring to the usage of "testilying" not the actual act of lying on the stand.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

Please don't get me wrong I wasn't implying officers don't lie nor that it is an uncommon thing.

I was solely referring to the usage of "testilying" not the actual act of lying on the stand.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Using the word testilying isn't bashing and using it to describe a common practice in the misnamed "justice system" and government agents isn't bashing either.

georg jetson

Musta been a cop or statist that wrote that.

Those "technicalities" are rights!

Let's read that again: "...minor irregularities during the suspect's arrest or search..result in aquittal on a technicality".

Now, lets put it into correct English. "...violations of a person's rights properly resulting in a court throwing out the case because the court will not be an accessory to the violations."

Notice the other affront to the tens of thousands who bled and paid across seven centuries for our rights: "minor irregularities". Violating someone's rights is a "minor irregularity"? Hogwash!!

Supermoderator Mike pointed it out early in the forum's history. When police fail to observe rights carefully, resulting in a criminal evading justice, it is the fault of the police, not the judge. Its the police who let him go. So, with respect to the wikipedia quote, what's really being said is that police are lying to cover up their own mistakes. Nothing more. Nothing so heroic as nobley sacrificing their integrity to ensure a dangerous person is removed from society. Not even anything as altruistic as telling a lie for the greater good. Plain and simple--the liars are lying to cover up their mistakes.

True that!!!

A majority of people don't understand rights so... a majority of the people think technicalities get in the way of real justice. I'm starting to realize the education battle is hopeless.

sudden valley gunner

True that!!!

A majority of people don't understand rights so... a majority of the people think technicalities get in the way of real justice. I'm starting to realize the education battle is hopeless.

I don't think its hopeless. It's not a majority but it is no longer a small "sect" of liberty minded people to be ignored. Look at how much time is spent bashing libertarians by the fake two party members? If libertarians are not a threat why are they suddenly concentrating so much energy to them?

Look at the growing number of people who don't accept that LEA's are great infallible institutions with just a few bad apples.

A growing amount of people are learning about true anarchism and it's irrefutable arguments against statism.

Look at the vote of non confidence when the majority of people refuse to even partake in voting for any evil.

Rothbard observed that a true revolution comes from education I say there is still hope, I don't think the state and it's evil machinations will give up easily.

WalkingWolf

Let us be fair in that some libertarians do a lot of bashing themselves. IMO it is a small sect of them that draw the negative attention to the party, and make it difficult for the party to be taken seriously.

sudden valley gunner

Let us be fair in that some libertarians do a lot of bashing themselves. IMO it is a small sect of them that draw the negative attention to the party, and make it difficult for the party to be taken seriously.

An astute observation about some of the whackos who align themselves with that party, but they have always been there. The recent rise is in an attack on the basic philosophies. Especially from the "left", they feel they have a hold on the youth yet more and more youth are identifying themselves as independent and libertarian or libertarian leaning.

OC for ME

I don't think its hopeless. It's not a majority but it is no longer a small "sect" of liberty minded people to be ignored. Look at how much time is spent bashing libertarians by the fake two party members? If libertarians are not a threat why are they suddenly concentrating so much energy to them?

Look at the growing number of people who don't accept that LEA's are great infallible institutions with just a few bad apples.

A growing amount of people are learning about true anarchism and it's irrefutable arguments against statism.

Look at the vote of non confidence when the majority of people refuse to even partake in voting for any evil.

Rothbard observed that a true revolution comes from education I say there is still hope, I don't think the state and it's evil machinations will give up easily.
There is educating, being educated, and then there is voting, which requires no education at all.

An astute observation about some of the whackos who align themselves with that party, but they have always been there. The recent rise is in an attack on the basic philosophies. Especially from the "left", they feel they have a hold on the youth yet more and more youth are identifying themselves as independent and libertarian or libertarian leaning.
Ah, the variegation of youth. When a bunch of hipsters start OCing, then I'll be interested in their plight, until then, I wish they would look where they are going when walking down the sidewalk.

http://www.themuse.com/advice/a-case-of-iphoneitis-and-3-other-smartphonerelated-injuries

Smartphone use is the singular threat to a healthy society. Ban smartphones, a preexisting condition under ObamaCare. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

And:

Are those whackos and bashers any less than the whackos and bashers who align themselves with the main parties? Lets take a look:

A whacko, preceded by a number of other whackos, made it all the way to the senior post of the executive branch of the central government.

Then there are all the "bomb Iran!" whackos who've been trying to convince to go to war again.

And, the whackos who forced fifty nations into a health scam. And, drive the misnamed national debt to Saturn, wreck the economy, and destroy the purchasing power of the dollar, while forcing millions of our countrymen out of gainful employment.

Drone strikes killing thousands of innocents.

And,...right. They're just as much or even worse whackos. In fact, they give honest whackos a bad name. Sociopaths would be a better term.

(I know that was a sort of strawman in that it commented on something WalkingWolf didn't say, but the point is still valid.)

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

And:

Are those whackos and bashers any less than the whackos and bashers who align themselves with the main parties? Lets take a look:

A whacko, preceded by a number of other whackos, made it all the way to the senior post of the executive branch of the central government.

Then there are all the "bomb Iran!" whackos who've been trying to convince to go to war again.

And, the whackos who forced fifty nations into a health scam. And, drive the misnamed national debt to Saturn, wreck the economy, and destroy the purchasing power of the dollar, while forcing millions of our countrymen out of gainful employment.

Drone strikes killing thousands of innocents.

And,...right. They're just as much or even worse whackos. In fact, they give honest whackos a bad name. Sociopaths would be a better term.

(I know that was a sort of strawman in that it commented on something WalkingWolf didn't say, but the point is still valid.)

Nope and I agree.

A wacko that doesn't trust the government is a better acquaintance than a gullible or purposeful statist.

georg jetson

Please read Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt's The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/pages/book.htm

The book, about 700 pages free!
http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

That's what I was talking about. While it is important that we educate about OC, it is more important to educate about rights in general. There is a whole generation of illiterates being raised up right now that have no idea what a Republic is, or how to add fractions. I have family that are teachers and they tell me there is very little "learning" going on in the classroom. Since the book you mention has been written, the education of our children, by way of federal government grant money, has become MUCH worse. Lack of education permeates our legal system as well. Words like "constitution" or "inalienable rights" have gained new meaning or have been discarded rendering the courts useless for justice. At some point we must realize that the fed gov must be extraordinarily reformed/de-funded. If we dig ourselves outa this crap it'll be a freakin miracle!