Thread: Ignorance is Bliss

Ignorance is Bliss

Posted below is my local representative take on the dualing initiatives. Note the "in-vouge" vernacular, this is what we are up against.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dear Whitney,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding gun control.
    As legislators it is our top priority to protect our citizens from gun violence. I encourage background checks for all gun sales in Washington.
    Current law in Washington allows the open carry of firearms. No permits or licenses are required to buy or possess a firearm. While machine guns are prohibited, possessing an assault weapon is legal.
    One issue that would be addressed with this initiative is the “gun show” loophole. Around 40% of gun sales are through private sales. With I-594, all sales of firearms would require background checks. This would be another road block to prevent people who are mentally ill or are criminals, from obtaining firearms at gun shows and other unlicensed sellers.
    Supporting I-594, requiring state-wide background checks, would be a step in the right direction; ensuring the safety of all citizens in Washington from gun violence.
    Thank you again for voicing your concern.
    Sherry
    Representative Sherry V. Appleton
    Community Development, Housing & Tribal Affairs (Chair)
    23rd Legislative District, Pos. 1
    P. O. Box 40600
    Leg. 132F
    Olympia, WA 98504-0600
    (360) 786-7934
    sherry.appleton@leg.wa.gov
    Legislative Aide: Lisa Hardy
    Lisa.hardy@leg.wa.gov
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

~Whitney

The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Not so sure it's ignorance with her. She's the same one who lied about having LEO and judicial endorsements for her "duty to retreat bill," then she sent a letter out saying she was pulling the bill due to problems with it's language but then lied to the media a few days later and said it was due to threats from gun owners.

Banned
    Write him back and say the party that you are concerned about harming you is the GOVERNMENT. Its the basic reason for our RKBA .. not criminals.

Note to him that governments have killed more children than all the crazies many time over.

Then watch his reaction.

She leans so far to the left if she leaned any farther she would fall over.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

I see rep appleton has a new aide. When we sparred with her over the stand your ground/run away bill her "voice" was donna bezon. I doubt if appleton saw your email. Bezon "shielded" appleton from most of mine and then admitted to doing so.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Yes and then there is this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I see rep appleton has a new aide. When we sparred with her over the stand your ground/run away bill her "voice" was donna bezon. I doubt if appleton saw your email. Bezon "shielded" appleton from most of mine and then admitted to doing so.
    Poulsbo legislator reports threats over 'stand your ground' bill

Which she claimed had nothing to do with guns. Yep I got it, I have been to that rodeo too with the knife bill she introduced. Perhaps it is arrogance ?
    Well.....I wrote her back and corrected the gun show loophole myth. We will see how the new aid does this year.

~Whitney
    Last edited by Whitney; 02-03-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?