• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ignorance is Bliss

Whitney

Posted below is my local representative take on the dualing initiatives. Note the "in-vouge" vernacular, this is what we are up against.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dear Whitney,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding gun control.
As legislators it is our top priority to protect our citizens from gun violence. I encourage background checks for all gun sales in Washington.
Current law in Washington allows the open carry of firearms. No permits or licenses are required to buy or possess a firearm. While machine guns are prohibited, possessing an assault weapon is legal.
One issue that would be addressed with this initiative is the “gun show” loophole. Around 40% of gun sales are through private sales. With I-594, all sales of firearms would require background checks. This would be another road block to prevent people who are mentally ill or are criminals, from obtaining firearms at gun shows and other unlicensed sellers.
Supporting I-594, requiring state-wide background checks, would be a step in the right direction; ensuring the safety of all citizens in Washington from gun violence.
Thank you again for voicing your concern.
Sherry
Representative Sherry V. Appleton
Community Development, Housing & Tribal Affairs (Chair)
23[SUP]rd[/SUP] Legislative District, Pos. 1
P. O. Box 40600
Leg. 132F
Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7934
sherry.appleton@leg.wa.gov
Legislative Aide: Lisa Hardy
Lisa.hardy@leg.wa.gov
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~Whitney

Alpine

Not so sure it's ignorance with her. She's the same one who lied about having LEO and judicial endorsements for her "duty to retreat bill," then she sent a letter out saying she was pulling the bill due to problems with it's language but then lied to the media a few days later and said it was due to threats from gun owners.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Write him back and say the party that you are concerned about harming you is the GOVERNMENT. Its the basic reason for our RKBA .. not criminals.

Note to him that governments have killed more children than all the crazies many time over.

Then watch his reaction.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I see rep appleton has a new aide. When we sparred with her over the stand your ground/run away bill her "voice" was donna bezon. I doubt if appleton saw your email. Bezon "shielded" appleton from most of mine and then admitted to doing so.

Whitney

Yes and then there is this.

I see rep appleton has a new aide. When we sparred with her over the stand your ground/run away bill her "voice" was donna bezon. I doubt if appleton saw your email. Bezon "shielded" appleton from most of mine and then admitted to doing so.

Poulsbo legislator reports threats over 'stand your ground' bill

Which she claimed had nothing to do with guns. Yep I got it, I have been to that rodeo too with the knife bill she introduced. Perhaps it is arrogance ?
Well.....I wrote her back and corrected the gun show loophole myth. We will see how the new aid does this year.

~Whitney

Last edited: