Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on bad experience In Fredericksburg Shop

Advice on bad experience In Fredericksburg Shop

So I sold my Firearm in a fredericksburg Shop. Two Things happened. First they never notified me that it had sold. The only way i found it sold was i went to pick it up. I was ok with it. They wrote me check for my cut which was returned to me for NSF. And the shop is unable or unwilling to contact the owner. So I believe I am left with no other option then to file a civil suit.

I would file civil suit against the shop. Also report shop to BBB. Not sure if bad check charges could be brought against shop owner. IANAL.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

just looked at BBB and they wont handle a complaint if there is legal action pending. I will be going to courthouse after work.

We do not handle:

workplace disputes;
    discrimination claims;
    matters that are or have been litigated;
    claims about the quality of health or legal services.

Yes, BBB is toothless against non-members.

But I think the language of the relationship with the shop could be more informative and precise. You left your gun on consignment with a resale shop without a clear understanding or (written?) contract. Who issued the bad check, not your business 'partner'?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-04-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yes, BBB is toothless against non-members.

But I think the language of the relationship with the shop could be more informative and precise. You left your gun on consignment with a resale shop without a clear understanding or (written?) contract. Who issued the bad check, not your business 'partner'?

Yes I left it for sale on consignment. We had a written contract which stated the fees and the terms. They "the shop" wrote me a business check which bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by lomalibu View Post
    Yes I left it for sale on consignment. We had a written contract which stated the fees and the terms. They "the shop" wrote me a business check which bounced.
    I-ANAL I believe that is a cause of action right there, possibly criminal. I think that the purchaser is out of the picture, not liable for anything.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-04-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

check

I would use my first amendment rights and picked the place and inform any and all passers by that this business SCREWED YOU OVER, and might do it to you.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    If the shop wrote you the check...You have grounds for criminal charges which can get tricky, so go carefully. I expect the Shop owner has done this before so I recommend before doing anything else, sending a certified letter to the person who signed the check , giving him ten days to pay plus a bad check fee.

This is required for criminal but supports your check in a civil action too.

Good luck!

I dont have the time to proceed with criminal charges i will just be doing a civil case.
    Last edited by lomalibu; 02-04-2014 at 10:46 AM.

first i am not an attorney:

contact police, file a police report of a stolen firearm (transfer in trust) (insist as they won't want to do the paperwork) and then call the local ATF agents serving your area and make and file a written complaint and get them involved (stolen firearms from a FFL is serious business)

(a point you must make - quote while unsure, you do not believe the seller of your firearm followed local or national regulations when the organization sold your consigned firearm unquote
    then go to local courthouse and file a small claim complaint through civil judicial.

you need to present the image you are trying w/due diligence you are attempting to get your firearm back and see point above want to assure the firearm isn't in the hands of some bad guy.

these are things you can accomplish

second, remember I am not attorney.
    Last edited by solus; 02-04-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Was this a gun store or a pawn shop?

TFred

This was a gun shop

You have me curious... There aren't too many gun shops in Fredrock.

This was a gun shop
    Is it in OLD TOWN?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Is it in OLD TOWN?
    God, I hope not. They have one of my firearms....

So I sold my Firearm in a fredericksburg Shop. Two Things happened. First they never notified me that it had sold. The only way i found it sold was i went to pick it up. I was ok with it. They wrote me check for my cut which was returned to me for NSF. And the shop is unable or unwilling to contact the owner. So I believe I am left with no other option then to file a civil suit.
    Is it in OLD TOWN?
    Can't be that one, first, nobody knows that there is a gun shop in downtown Fredericksburg, and second, I believe the owner is the only guy who is ever there, so there can't be an "unwilling to contact the owner" situation.

ETA: Oops, I forgot... there are two now... guess it could be the other one I forgot about...

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 02-05-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Only leaves..... Hmmmm... Doesn't sound like their type of customer care.

Ugh... how long have I lived here now? Within the actual city limits, there are three "gun shops" that I am aware of, although one of them is primarily a gunsmith, who does also sell guns.

ETA: Gander Mountain does sell used, but they are in Spotsy county, although many people don't distinguish that are from Fredericksburg. And I rather doubt Gander Mountain would bounce a check. Dick's at the mall does sell long guns, but I don't think they consign.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 02-05-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNMGoneShooting View Post
    God, I hope not. They have one of my firearms....
    Better you than me.

Better you than me.
    LOL thanks man.

LOL thanks man.
    LOL! You're probably fine. They just rubbed me the wrong way when they first opened, so i put them into my 'not one red penny...' category, and I have avoided them ever since.

LOL! You're probably fine. They just rubbed me the wrong way when they first opened, so i put them into my 'not one red penny...' category, and I have avoided them ever since.
    You need to learn to be more open minded and forgiving Blk......Like me!
    Last edited by peter nap; 02-06-2014 at 09:03 AM.

So I think I know which shop we are discussing and know the owner. I'd advise the OP to go to the owner directly. If I'm right, he would not support his staff's blockade to keep you from contacting him. Can't explain the NSF. Again, if I'm guessing right about the business, they are pretty successful in sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I think I know which shop we are discussing and know the owner. I'd advise the OP to go to the owner directly. If I'm right, he would not support his staff's blockade to keep you from contacting him. Can't explain the NSF. Again, if I'm guessing right about the business, they are pretty successful in sales.
    If you were dealing with employees as opposed the owner, and you got an NSF, issue is raised of who is in charge of the bank account. C/B owner doesn't know about the bounced check - thinks there is $$ in there, so could be a control of cash register issue involved.
    Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    If you were dealing with employees as opposed the owner, and you got an NSF, issue is raised of who is in charge of the bank account. C/B owner doesn't know about the bounced check - thinks there is $$ in there, so could be a control of cash register issue involved.
    It shouldn't matter from the customers point of view HP!
    Writing hot checks is a serious blow to a business's credibility and failure to deal with it internally is a giant step to a going out of business sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast