• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Advice on bad experience In Fredericksburg Shop

lomalibu

So I sold my Firearm in a fredericksburg Shop. Two Things happened. First they never notified me that it had sold. The only way i found it sold was i went to pick it up. I was ok with it. They wrote me check for my cut which was returned to me for NSF. And the shop is unable or unwilling to contact the owner. So I believe I am left with no other option then to file a civil suit.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I would file civil suit against the shop. Also report shop to BBB. Not sure if bad check charges could be brought against shop owner. IANAL.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk

lomalibu

just looked at BBB and they wont handle a complaint if there is legal action pending. I will be going to courthouse after work.

We do not handle:

workplace disputes;
discrimination claims;
matters that are or have been litigated;
claims about the quality of health or legal services.

lomalibu

Yes, BBB is toothless against non-members.

But I think the language of the relationship with the shop could be more informative and precise. You left your gun on consignment with a resale shop without a clear understanding or (written?) contract. Who issued the bad check, not your business 'partner'?

Yes I left it for sale on consignment. We had a written contract which stated the fees and the terms. They "the shop" wrote me a business check which bounced.

Mr Birdman

check

I would use my first amendment rights and picked the place and inform any and all passers by that this business SCREWED YOU OVER, and might do it to you. :shocker::shocker:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes I left it for sale on consignment. We had a written contract which stated the fees and the terms. They "the shop" wrote me a business check which bounced.

If the shop wrote you the check...You have grounds for criminal charges which can get tricky, so go carefully. I expect the Shop owner has done this before so I recommend before doing anything else, sending a certified letter to the person who signed the check , giving him ten days to pay plus a bad check fee.

This is required for criminal but supports your check in a civil action too.

Good luck!

solus

first i am not an attorney:

contact police, file a police report of a stolen firearm (transfer in trust) (insist as they won't want to do the paperwork) and then call the local ATF agents serving your area and make and file a written complaint and get them involved (stolen firearms from a FFL is serious business)

(a point you must make - quote while unsure, you do not believe the seller of your firearm followed local or national regulations when the organization sold your consigned firearm unquote
then go to local courthouse and file a small claim complaint through civil judicial.

you need to present the image you are trying w/due diligence you are attempting to get your firearm back and see point above want to assure the firearm isn't in the hands of some bad guy.

these are things you can accomplish

second, remember I am not attorney.

Last edited:

TFred

So I sold my Firearm in a fredericksburg Shop. Two Things happened. First they never notified me that it had sold. The only way i found it sold was i went to pick it up. I was ok with it. They wrote me check for my cut which was returned to me for NSF. And the shop is unable or unwilling to contact the owner. So I believe I am left with no other option then to file a civil suit.

Is it in OLD TOWN?
Can't be that one, first, nobody knows that there is a gun shop in downtown Fredericksburg, and second, I believe the owner is the only guy who is ever there, so there can't be an "unwilling to contact the owner" situation.

ETA: Oops, I forgot... there are two now... guess it could be the other one I forgot about...

TFred

Last edited:

TFred

Ugh... how long have I lived here now? Within the actual city limits, there are three "gun shops" that I am aware of, although one of them is primarily a gunsmith, who does also sell guns.

ETA: Gander Mountain does sell used, but they are in Spotsy county, although many people don't distinguish that are from Fredericksburg. And I rather doubt Gander Mountain would bounce a check. Dick's at the mall does sell long guns, but I don't think they consign.

TFred

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
LOL! You're probably fine. They just rubbed me the wrong way when they first opened, so i put them into my 'not one red penny...' category, and I have avoided them ever since. :)

You need to learn to be more open minded and forgiving Blk......Like me!
smiley-laughing021.gif
smiley-laughing021.gif
smiley-laughing021.gif

Last edited: