Thread: ‘XStat’ invention seals bullet wounds in 15 seconds

‘XStat’ invention seals bullet wounds in 15 seconds

"A new creation called XStat — a spongy substance that seals bullets wounds in 15 seconds — is being hailed as the savior of U.S. battlefield soldiers and a new way to treat gun injuries. The spongy material — injected via a modified syringe — expands to fill the hole created by the bullet. It also simultaneously exerts enough pressure to stop the bleeding. [external citations redacted]"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ds-15-seconds/

CAUTION: Investigational device. Limited by federal law to investigational use.

The XStat-12 applicator is designed to treat narrow wound tracks. The single-use device consists of a cylindrical applicator body with a frangible tip and a detachable plunger. The applicator body includes a finger flange with snap-fit features to secure multiple devices for low-profile packaging and storage. [ ... ] XStat is an investigational hemostatic dressing under development by RevMedx for the control of severe bleeding from pelvis or shoulder wounds not amenable to tourniquet application in adults and adolescents. XStat works by applying a group of small, rapidly-expanding sponges into a wound cavity using a lightweight applicator. Two applicator sizes are under development: a 30 mm diameter applicator for larger wounds and a 12 mm diameter applicator for narrow wound tracks.http://www.revmedx.com/#!xstat-dressing/c2500
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Nice... no more quick clot gauze then once this comes out for good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    I think this may be good but I wouldn't want need of it...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ^This.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    ^This.
    I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Where have you heard that before?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Where have you heard that before?
    Great. Now we'll have a 34-page thread about how many we should carry...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Great. Now we'll have a 34-page thread about how many we should carry...XStat in our emergency/bugout kit
    Finished it for you, but just to keep it on topic
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Great. Now we'll have a 34-page thread about how many we should carry...
    I have two dozen packages of quik-clot in my EMT bag, they're a little dated, but better than nothing! Everyone who can afford the pricey lil buggers, should get a current EMT/RN to order some for ya, they're not exactly for the general public to buy, but that doesn't stop all my EMT, and RN friends/family. Legality aside, it's a damned good initial treatment in itself, only works half the time I've used it on the job in EMS, but better than having to rely on your hands, and as much gauze as you can grab from the cabinets! Although sadly, even if the xstat was released tomorrow, many, many, many EMS stations and units would be waiting a couple decades before they got it. I know of what local EMS station that still runs defibs from the 80s!
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

I started to make this comment when the thread was young and thought better, but now that bugout/SHTF has been mentioned...

Being prepared means many things to each. Self-sufficiency comes from understanding the principles - of life support, for instance - rather than having every neat toy-tool that comes along.

Lots of people will die when SHTF, conceivably all, and you saving a life with XStat will only prolong the misery for having expended a unique resource.

The root principle of bugging out is this, if you haven't already, if you aren't already in place, then its too late. By the time you get there, someone else will be squatting on your turf - as armed and more prepared and smarter than you - because he beat you to it.

Look back through the typical preppies and their plans. I recall one humping a 100# ruck into the Maine wilderness to claim his place with violence. Another with 600# barrel of water on top of his Jeep's RO bar.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-05-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.