Thread: Hello Brainiac

Hello Brainiac

This is A story I found very interesting seeing A guy in WA. state was charged with involuntary manslaughter for leaving his weapon under the seat of his car with children present one of the children found the gun and accidentally shot the other. But left swinging liberal can do it as A study to help ban guns... I guess you have to copy and paste it in your browser.

onehttp://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2014/02/03/captain-obvious-abc-warns-america-not-hide-rifles-playgrounds?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketi ng&utm_term=Facebook&utm_content=Facebook&utm_camp aign=guns-playground
    Last edited by 1911er; 02-04-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

This? Captain Obvious: ABC Warns Americans Not to Hide Rifles at Playgrounds

"The journalists at ABC News offered yet another high profile experiment to terrify the parents of America into not owning guns. In an hour-long special on Friday night, Diane Sawyer and David Muir hid pink guns at the playground of an elementary school in an effort to see if young girls would play with them. Unsurprisingly, the young children did. The Young Guns program also included the obvious revelation that firearms shouldn't be concealed in backpacks and with candy. Diane Sawyer narrated, "For more than a decade, there has been a powder pink gun on the market." Referencing the location of where Sawyer and co-host David Muir hid guns in backpacks, she explained, "We decided to head back to that school in Saint Petersburg, Florida, specifically to see how girls would react to colorful rifles." [See video below. MP3 audio here.] As children arrive to find the guns planted by ABC, Sawyer teased, "Watch as the girls come out to play and grab, rattle, giggle and pull the trigger."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...es-playgrounds
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...es-playgrounds

^^^ Try this ^^^

The journalists at ABC News offered yet another high profile experiment to terrify the parents of America into not owning guns. In an hour-long special on Friday night, Diane Sawyer and David Muir hid pink guns at the playground of an elementary school in an effort to see if young girls would play with them.
    If the girls on the playground were familiar with, and taught to respect guns, they would have a better chance of acting responsibly with them. IE, not pointing them at each other, etc.

Once again the wrong solution is presented as the only solution.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

So how many felonies did ABC commit in the filming of this?

Similar to the argument Justice Sotomayor is making, that it is an insult to call an illegal felon, ABC/Sawyer are not felons criminal until convicted. Oh please oh please oh please!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    So how many felonies did ABC commit in the filming of this?
    This.

The arrogance, entitlement, and holier-than-thou attitude is what chaps my hide the most. People like those at 20/20 seem to think laws and rules only apply to others, never to themselves. Essentially the show illustrates that breaking the laws that are in place for the purpose of protecting children puts children at risk. Duh, that's (ostensibly) why the laws were enacted in the first place!
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Similar to the argument Justice Sotomayor is making, that it is an insult to call an illegal felon, ABC/Sawyer are not felons criminal until convicted. Oh please oh please oh please!
    please cite which law makes illegal immigration a felony...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

This 20/20 episode was very fair....

young children should not be left alone with guns. lock them up!
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    This 20/20 episode was very fair....

young children should not be left alone with guns. lock them up!
    You should at least let them out to go to the bathroom... right?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post

Thanks for the chuckle man, that was funny!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    please cite which law makes illegal immigration a felony...
    OK

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien
    (a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
    Any alien who
    (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or
    (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or
    (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
    Misdemeanor on the first one, this is reasonable, get deported and then return the illegal has committed a felony, this too is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Can't remember exactly my jr high school grammar teacher instruction, but reminded me of the dangling participle rule
    ?
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651