Thread: Question about training for Concealed Carry in OK

Question about training for Concealed Carry in OK

Does OK allow online training for a permit? If so, can someone point me to the statute or relevant resources?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    Does OK allow online training for a permit? If so, can someone point me to the statute or relevant resources?

Thanks
    No, you have to attend the class and in most cases the range time. There are some very rare exceptions to the range time portion of the class.

There was a thread around here somewhere a while back about a place that did an online training and you could get an non resident permit for a different state that OK would honor. You would still be responsible for knowing and following the laws for OK though.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    No, you have to attend the class and in most cases the range time. There are some very rare exceptions to the range time portion of the class.

There was a thread around here somewhere a while back about a place that did an online training and you could get an non resident permit for a different state that OK would honor. You would still be responsible for knowing and following the laws for OK though.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post

Thanks
    You can now do the application online but there is still no way around sitting in a Classroom. Though the legal portion is mundane and self evident since its out of the handbook the safety portion is the main focus.

There are people who have went through my class who had me concerned and almost failed. With a little work though and patience all have passed.

In short though you'd most likely pay for an online class as much as a physical class which would not give you hands on.