• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support of Our Open Carry Rights in Nevada!

At Ease

I'm continuing to talk to Nevada Lawmakers about expanding CCW to college/school campus and Day Care centers. If anyone else here would like to join me in this, please contact me. I believe collective voices are stronger and could use the extra horse power.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Let me know what your ideas are and I'll help if I can. I've attended a lot of hearings, and wrote a lot of letters. Unfortunately, it seems most of it falls on deaf ears.

The last two times in the legislature college campus carry seemed so close to passing. If only they would have held a vote in the Assembly it may have become law. It passed the Senate last time.

Last edited:

varminter22

I'm continuing to talk to Nevada Lawmakers about expanding CCW to college/school campus and Day Care centers. If anyone else here would like to join me in this, please contact me. I believe collective voices are stronger and could use the extra horse power.

I certainly applaud your efforts.

In strategy, be sure to include a campaign to elect more pro-gun legislators, and re-elect our current pro-gun legislators. Therein lies the biggest problem; we simply need more pro-gun legislators.

For too many sessions, the anti-gun Democrats have had control of both houses in Nevada.

I've said it before many times, but I'll say it again. If/when YOUR senator or assemblyman introduces a bill, do you think the bill will be heard and perhaps voted upon? One might reasonably think so, right?

WRONG. The majority party (in Nevada, Democrats for many, many years now) gets to pick committee chairmen. Committee chairmen get to pick and choose what bills they will allow to be heard in committee. And even if they allow a bill to be heard, they still have the option to NOT allow a vote on the bill, quite effectively killing the bill - which means the bill will never go to its respective house floor for consideration/vote.

Case in point: when (then) Assemblyman William Horne chaired the Assembly Judiciary Committee. Under pressure, he allowed the bill to be heard, but REFUSED to allow a vote, thereby killing the Campus Carry bill. Thankfully, Horne is gone from the Assembly (term limited out.) (By the way, by all accounts, the votes were there to pass the bill out of committee on to the Assembly floor; and I agree as I was there, lobbying FOR the bill.)

This not only can happen, it DOES happen - frequently.

Far too often, folks don't pay much attention to our state legislature. But I'm here to say it is important - VERY important. And the November 2014 election is super important.

Last edited:

At Ease

We have two more Republican senators running this year; Becky Harris and Patricia Farley. I'm rousting up Nevadans through groups in LinkedIn and could use help in other Social Media. My current plans are to get with other like minded Nevadans to Lobby these Senators and volunteering to help them become elected. If you can, I would like to set a date where we can meet, discuss roles and take action. I'm available the 17th and 18th of this month.

SwanSong

Monthly MeetUp ?

As I am new to the free state of Nevada, I have been looking for local individuals in the Reno/Sparks area to meet with and discuss 2A issues.
I am also looking at Nevadashooters.com but have not yet found a local group to join.
I might suggest that we try to form a group of 2A/OC/CC supports of Northern Nevada to meet in the Reno/Sparks area on a monthly basis?
Perhaps we could use the services of MeetUp.com to help organize this each month?

Vegassteve

As I am new to the free state of Nevada, I have been looking for local individuals in the Reno/Sparks area to meet with and discuss 2A issues.
I am also looking at Nevadashooters.com but have not yet found a local group to join.
I might suggest that we try to form a group of 2A/OC/CC supports of Northern Nevada to meet in the Reno/Sparks area on a monthly basis?
Perhaps we could use the services of MeetUp.com to help organize this each month?

There is already a great group up north. Stillwater Firearms Assoc.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I certainly applaud your efforts.

In strategy, be sure to include a campaign to elect more pro-gun legislators, and re-elect our current pro-gun legislators. Therein lies the biggest problem; we simply need more pro-gun legislators.

For too many sessions, the anti-gun Democrats have had control of both houses in Nevada.

I've said it before many times, but I'll say it again. If/when YOUR senator or assemblyman introduces a bill, do you think the bill will be heard and perhaps voted upon? One might reasonably think so, right?

WRONG. The majority party (in Nevada, Democrats for many, many years now) gets to pick committee chairmen. Committee chairmen get to pick and choose what bills they will allow to be heard in committee. And even if they allow a bill to be heard, they still have the option to NOT allow a vote on the bill, quite effectively killing the bill - which means the bill will never go to its respective house floor for consideration/vote.

Case in point: when (then) Assemblyman William Horne chaired the Assembly Judiciary Committee. Under pressure, he allowed the bill to be heard, but REFUSED to allow a vote, thereby killing the Campus Carry bill. Thankfully, Horne is gone from the Assembly (term limited out.) (By the way, by all accounts, the votes were there to pass the bill out of committee on to the Assembly floor; and I agree as I was there, lobbying FOR the bill.)

This not only can happen, it DOES happen - frequently.

Far too often, folks don't pay much attention to our state legislature. But I'm here to say it is important - VERY important. And the November 2014 election is super important.

In short, I read what your saying as "our representative government Represents Their interests over the folks they pretend to serve?"

varminter22

In short, I read what your saying as "our representative government Represents Their interests over the folks they pretend to serve?"

I wouldn't say our representative government has failed in that respect.

But I might suggest that SOME representatives have.

That's why I believe it is so important to get involved and elect better representatives.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I wouldn't say our representative government has failed in that respect.

But I might suggest that SOME representatives have.

That's why I believe it is so important to get involved and elect better representatives.

To entertain the notion that any elected human, could begin to represent in totality the sum of the electorate they are "tasked" with representing. is absurd.
Ask yourself, does harry Reid represent me?

The belief that you can go into a booth, poke a button, and have people put your interests in priority over theirs is insane.

Can anyone tell me, where I can find out exactly where these folks obtain there power, to control?